• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Threat of villa

A young manager who has been at Brentford 4 years and been given the chance to build them up?

I agree mate, we should give our young manager a few years to see what he can achieve.

Got Brentford promoted in his 2nd season and gone from strength to strength the seasons following with a squad of largely Championship players.

Lampard has been here nearly a full season, signed 8 players and we look little better than when he took over and have won 2 in our last 12 (the previous manager was sacked for 1 win in 14).

Got Brentford promoted in his 2nd season and gone from strength to strength the seasons following with a squad of largely Championship players.

Lampard has been here nearly a full season, signed 8 players and we look little better than when he took over and have won 2 in our last 12 (the previous manager was sacked for 1 win in 14).

Change the record, you knob jockey, there`s a Lampard thread, for you to spout your usual anti Lampard nonsense.

The Gerrard era at Villa reminds me of the Koeman era at Everton

Spending a ton of money on mediocre players past their best, giving them massive wages, and gradually getting worse.
To be fair to Koeman he at least took us back into Europe after two terrible midtable finishes under Martinez.

Gerrard has done absolutely nothing that Dean Smith couldn't have done for them, he took over when they 17th early in the season and leaves them 17th in the table after nearly a year in the job.

He's been disastrous.

To be fair to Koeman he at least took us back into Europe after two terrible midtable finishes under Martinez.

Gerrard has done absolutely nothing that Dean Smith couldn't have done for them, he took over when they 17th early in the season and leaves them 17th in the table after nearly a year in the job.

He's been disastrous.
And much worse off financially. They'll probably dodge the bullet this season. Next season it will get uncomfortable. If they survive that, the one after that will be brutal.

This is why Pochettino and Tuchel are saying no at any price. They know they need something to work with, and that job doesn't offer it.

Kept Everton up in his first season, despite relegation looking the most likely scenario when he walked in. Currently has us above the danger zone, with some hard fixtures out the way.

I prefer to back the manager we have rather than demanding him out barring any signs of real danger tbh, but I guess supporting the manager isn’t for everyone.

Kept Everton up in his first season, despite relegation looking the most likely scenario when he walked in. Currently has us above the danger zone, with some hard fixtures out the way.

I prefer to back the manager we have rather than demanding him out barring any signs of real danger tbh, but I guess supporting the manager isn’t for everyone.

We were 6 points above the bottom 3 when he came in man ! lol

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back