• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Threat of villa

Anyone who did that, and they were out there, should be considered about themselves joining a cult...

Really, I'd self evaluate a lot of what is going on in my life if I ever believed in that dude.
You have just called Rafael a dude? First time I've seen that term of endearment used for the Spaniard.

Great appointment that Villa getting Emery.
On the face of it, I agree because he’s a high profile name, experienced and successful in terms of silverware and whatnot.

However, as others have said, will his style work in the PL, or will he be flexible enough to adapt his approach to be successful here?

He won’t be terrible at all, but I have some doubts.

Bad thing about Emery joining Villa is that he'll have been promised massive funds to revamp their squad. There is no way he'd have jumped ship to a relegation fighting side if it wasn't for a mighty project. Gerrard being abysmal for Villa turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to them.

Bad thing about Emery joining Villa is that he'll have been promised massive funds to revamp their squad. There is no way he'd have jumped ship to a relegation fighting side if it wasn't for a mighty project. Gerrard being abysmal for Villa turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to them.

FFP will prevent them continually spending massive funds.

Great appointment that Villa getting Emery.

Villa don't have the players to play his style as they don't have a style. He'll need another big window and at least 2 seasons IMO to get them playing.

He won't get 2 seasons. It's Everton-esque. They've blanket bought with no real idea just like we did.

Don't get me wrong, I like Emery. But he won't be getting Mings to play out from the back or have them keep the ball with quick passing, as they don't have the players.

On the face of it, I agree because he’s a high profile name, experienced and successful in terms of silverware and whatnot.

However, as others have said, will his style work in the PL, or will he be flexible enough to adapt his approach to be successful here?

He won’t be terrible at all, but I have some doubts.

He won't be and Villa will be fine. But it's expectations of getting Europe relative to spend that will be the undoing.

And just like we did with Koeman and Silva...fans with get on his back if they're not top 8 after 12 months and he'll be gone.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back