Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disclaimer: I'm American. I have a Tim Howard jersey. I've been an Everton fan long enough to remember being confused as hell listening on the radio when Paulo Di Canio caught the ball after Paul Gerrard went down, so, well before Tim Howard.

Some players deserve a certain amount of latitude based on past performance/commitment. It isn't necessarily sentimentality, more familiarity and history providing the belief that poor patches can be worked through and form regained. Lest we forget, Howard has been the starting keeper for 9 seasons, with our worst finishing position in that stretch being 8th. European performances, FA Cup final, and semi-finals, League Cup Semi-Final, 122 clean sheets. He had a good 2013/2014 season, and of course, a great World Cup just 7 months ago.

That being said, I think Howard has used up his latitude and Joel deserves another extended run this season. That doesn't mean Howard should be shipped off immediately. It doesn't mean he can't regain his form and still be a strong Premiership keeper, but you can't ignore his recent poor play.

A sensible post. Can't have that on one of the many Tim Howard threads. MODZ??

giphy.gif

I'd go with upper class twit of the year, cheeks.

H1asi.gif

LOOKING BACK AT WHEN WE FIRST MET
SIGNED YOU FROM ATLETICO, ILL NEVER FORGET
JOEL YOU'RE NUMBER ONE, HOWARDS F*CKING GONE
YOU CAN PLAY IN GOAL AGAIN!!

V1q1YHJ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back