Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a Mediocre a Prem Goalie for me, has good points and bad. had his best season with us last year. out of all the Prem goalies we've had who have been regular starters I think he's better than Thomas myhre(just) Richard Wright and Paul Gerrard. Obviously he's been here a while now so he's gonna have a few mistakes but I can't remember the last time we had a keeper who was so prone to making so many, On the other hand I've seen him have some brilliant games.

Tim is a great keeper, but I think his beard is affecting his aerodynamic ability to leap for saves. How he did not stop at least one of the goals, esp the OG and how he got away with his blatant handling outside the box is a worry in the short term, though I am sure he will get back to top form soon.

I've never rated Howard (doesn't get across the ground quickly enough for me) but thought he really stepped his game up last season.

I hope we aren't about to see his form dip again, as I couldn't have less faith in Robles.

I've never rated Howard (doesn't get across the ground quickly enough for me) but thought he really stepped his game up last season.

I hope we aren't about to see his form dip again, as I couldn't have less faith in Robles.

Well we have very little choice in the way of GKs, another weakness IMO.

For me the goalkeeper would be the least of our worries with a limited budget. Tim Howard is a very good goalkeeper and very much a proffesional. It's the part of the team that least affects your performance anyway. You protect the keeper and you can make any keeper look world class.

There are exceptions of course. Big Nev. Who single handedly won us the '95 FA Cup! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.