Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did he do something horrific in pre-season or something? I honestly didn't watch a second of us in pre-season, didn't read any reports and was banned from here so I pretty much know nothing on pre-season.
He did nothing much wrong, but I posted on here he looked un confident , and never came out for crosses, where as when he had his three match run he did those things it's as if our goal keeping coach is at fault!
Robles was thrown in in the final v Arsenal at the deep end where the team were out passed, and we never got a kick, he should have been left in the side when he kept his three clean sheets - TH has not shown much his distribution is shocking, and he made a good save on Saturday!
But when you look at it he punched it out into the danger area, and the oncoming attacker thankfully missed it!
So I would say it's the same status quo as last season in the goal keeping department!
The only way I can see Robles getting a game is if Tim gets injured as per last season!

Corners still worry Me Doug, but saying that it's our two centre halfs who are never involved, Kone made more defensive headers today from corners as our main defence seems to be utter panic!, but Timm did come for the ball, a good team performance, Tim made two good saves - TH has to keep this form up!
corners are always going to be a problem regardless of your keeper as unfortunately like you pointed out our CBs are never winning headers on them. we're a short team as well atm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back