Time for Big Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

As if today hasn’t been bad enough...then you come on here and some absolute whopper is clamouring for Allardyce to return.

Beyond belief.

It’s mad seeing another manager thread with the situation we’ve been in for the last 5 seasons. I don’t know how people can’t see that this group of players just don’t care enough to play for anyone.
This is true, I correctly pointed it out many times on the Rafael thread, and it's been proven to be the case.

We finished 8th under him, highest position in years, higher than an ancelotti could manage . Yet you have people in here turning their noses up on him and jerking off a guy with next to no experience who failed at his last two jobs.

he may not be the fancy foreigner people on here love, or the young guy with no experience but might have the potential, but I guarantee we would be in safer hands than we are in right now.

the guy is the king of saving clubs from relegation, it’s the reason why loads of clubs turn to him - because he has successfully done it time and again.

people saying stick with lampard even if we go down - going down is an utter utter disaster. We are in [Poor language removed] creek financially and it would finish us off. We need to pick the most likely option to not going down - sticking with a guy with no experience, an experiment who has a terrible record of setting up a defence - is not that option.

He wouldn’t touch us with a barge pole now
And rightly... was hounded out for a stint that took us 18th to 8th.

Look at how so many on this forum attack Moyes... And where's his team now he'sbeen given longer than a year to work with players.

EFC consistently turned it's nose up at British managers under Moshiri's 'money' reign.

Look at references to Eddie Howe on here... how's his team doing (and his only real spend under the Human Right's offenders was Trippier who's now out). Dyche similar, wonder what we'll say about him again if we swap places (praying we don't).

Resolve and intelligence under Moyes stint rebuilt this club's character. I think that job will now likely take another 10 years as we rid ourselves from the rot (kenwright downards) and rebuild from the Championship, but only once we rekindle the values that really drive success for a club like EFC. Our big advantage over others in that league is size of attendance. Over time that money will tell plus better home grown talent on the pitch that cares. Butwe'll need to go through aa 2-3 season dip as Usmanov exits, Stadium on-hold and the patchy mercenaries that mostly define our squad g.t.f.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back