Time for change

Sack sack sack??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that I can't understand is how the club and some fans think a new stadium will somehow make us good on the pitch. If a player is attracted by a shiny new stadium he is not the type of player who cares about winning.

If turds like Kenwright and Brands are still hanging round when BMD is open the only difference is the seat will be comfier when we are getting embarrassed on the pitch.

As for extra revenue from more seats it will be half empty if the club continues as it is

This is all leading to an inevitable conclusion, IMO.

Benitez will be fired in a few weeks when we have been passed by a bunch of teams below us and are sitting circa 16th and the 18th placed team (and possibly the 19th as well) are within touching distance.

Then Duncan will be given the job full time.

100% it'll be Ferguson this time. They won't even look at anyone else. Either Benitez turns this around and sharpish, otherwise it'll be Ferguson and this time he'll take the job full time.

I reckon he'd do well.
Was never afraid to call out his team mates when they were slacking on the pitch and I'd imagine he's the same off it too.
Did well with a poor Derby squad with a few tweaks and decent quality additions before the Chelsea job.

Honestly couldn't see him being any worse than the fat clown in place atm.

See, I thought Lampard did well at Derby and his first season at Chelsea because there wasn’t really any pressure on him.

The second season he got pressure because I’d argue he overachievers with the squad the season before.

Then he couldn’t handle it.

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say the Everton job is probably one of the worst jobs to have in football.

The fans have never been so disconnected, we’re starved of success and there’s huge expectation to succeed. I called the Newcastle job a poison chalice, but I’d say Everton’s probably the least appealing job in the Premier League, we’ll, maybe Watford.

See, I thought Lampard did well at Derby and his first season at Chelsea because there wasn’t really any pressure on him.

The second season he got pressure because I’d argue he overachievers with the squad the season before.

I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say the Everton job is probably one of the worst jobs to have in football.

The fans have never been so disconnected, we’re starved of success and there’s huge expectation to succeed. I called the Newcastle job a poison chalice, but I’d say Everton’s probably the least appealing job in the Premier League, we’ll, maybe Watford.
It only went wrong for Lampard when they spent money on a lot of new players who he felt compelled to play. Werner and Havertz were extremely poor for him.

I think he will be an excellent manager. Would have him no question.

100% it'll be Ferguson this time. They won't even look at anyone else. Either Benitez turns this around and sharpish, otherwise it'll be Ferguson and this time he'll take the job full time.

That’ll probably do me, if they do that.

I loved Ferguson growing up, and he’s a nice fella, but he’s now been part of the coaching staff for 6 different managers and we’re stuck with the same problems… clearly he can’t help bust that, yet we’re expecting him to do it as a manager.

Would further my opinion were a boys club and he hardly set the world alight as manager.

Chelsea at home was perfect. The crowd carried the team and Ferguson’s passion carried for us over the line. Man Utd and Arsenal we’re back to sort, and even though we didn’t lose, tactically we were very one dimensional and rigid.

Wouldn’t be my appointment.

It only went wrong for Lampard when they spent money on a lot of new players who he felt compelled to play. Werner and Havertz were extremely poor for him.

I think he will be an excellent manager. Would have him no question.

The wrong players won the champions league in the same year and are currently top of the league by 4 points.

Simply put, the job was too big for Lampard. A victim of his own success, I suppose.

But he’s not the man for the job.

Then he couldn’t handle it
He got the added pressure of spanking 200m on players who never slotted in straight away. Always happens at Chelsea regardless of who the manager is.
Few poor results and Roman hits the execute button.

The thing that I can't understand is how the club and some fans think a new stadium will somehow make us good on the pitch. If a player is attracted by a shiny new stadium he is not the type of player who cares about winning.

If turds like Kenwright and Brands are still hanging round when BMD is open the only difference is the seat will be comfier when we are getting embarrassed on the pitch.

As for extra revenue from more seats it will be half empty if the club continues as it is
I think the new stadium is more of a symbol to some people, some intangible hopeful future that releases us from the limitations of the old stadium. Think most are more realistic than that though, but my worry is that the senior club officials are so wrapped up in the stadium project they’re failing to acknowledge they’re sinking us

The wrong players won the champions league in the same year and are currently top of the league by 4 points.

Simply put, the job was too big for Lampard. A victim of his own success, I suppose.

But he’s not the man for the job.
But they underperformed a lot in the first half of the season. It takes time to add that many new players to a side.

He put his faith in likes of Mount who became a key player. I think he's a good choice.

For a young hungry manager, the Everton manager job is the best job in the business. Can you imagine being the manager who sorted this club out, won us a cup etc. Moyes had a good go to the best of his ability (fell short of course ) and that landed him the Utd job following on from Sir Alex Ferguson.

Talk that we wouldn't be massively attractive to a lot of managers around the world is nonsense. Problem is, we have a board who thought hiring some has been knobhead because he has a bus pass that gets him from Caldy to Finch Farm for free every day was a good idea.

Is it hard job? Of course it is.
Is it the worse job? Nah, not by some distance.

He got the added pressure of spanking 200m on players who never slotted in straight away. Always happens at Chelsea regardless of who the manager is.
Few poor results and Roman hits the execute button.

It was going wrong.

Tuchel came in, and the players turned up. There were murmurs that Lampard was too stubborn to change his play, and that’s plagued managers at Everton in the past.

I’m not saying he won’t be a good manager, but not for Everton, at the moment.

We’ve been hampered by players not turning up for 5 years, if Ancelotti etc can’t do it, I ist can’t see Lampard doing it.

That’ll probably do me, if they do that.

I loved Ferguson growing up, and he’s a nice fella, but he’s now been part of the coaching staff for 6 different managers and we’re stuck with the same problems… clearly he can’t help bust that, yet we’re expecting him to do it as a manager.

Would further my opinion were a boys club and he hardly set the world alight as manager.

Chelsea at home was perfect. The crowd carried the team and Ferguson’s passion carried for us over the line. Man Utd and Arsenal we’re back to sort, and even though we didn’t lose, tactically we were very one dimensional and rigid.

Wouldn’t be my appointment.

Right or wrong mate, it'll be Ferguson.

I'd be shocked if their list wouldn't be (top 2 in a relagation battle, bottom 2 if we were midtable)

Ferguson
Moyes
Martinez
Silva

For a young hungry manager, the Everton manager job is the best job in the business. Can you imagine being the manager who sorted this club out, won us a cup etc. Moyes had a good go to the best of his ability (fell short of course ) and that landed him the Utd job following on from Sir Alex Ferguson.

Talk that we wouldn't be massively attractive to a lot of managers around the world is nonsense. Problem is, we have a board who thought hiring some has been knobhead because he has a bus pass that gets him from Caldy to Finch Farm for free every day was a good idea.

Is it hard job? Of course it is.
Is it the worse job? Nah, not by some distance.

Everything about Everton should be good. We’ve got excellent training facilities, a new stadium coming, a huge fan base…

But we’ve just got it wrong everywhere else for years, that you’re trying to win everyone over, we’re rock bottom. We have no money, we have uninterested players.

I just think it’s a bad job to have.l, and any manager who turns that round is brilliant in my eyes.

But the squad Moyes inherited at least had heart, and he did fantastically well to turn the ethos around and make us competitive. This is the worst Everton squad in years and circles to my point of what’s the sell? Cause they’re coming and they can’t spend.

But they underperformed a lot in the first half of the season. It takes time to add that many new players to a side.

He put his faith in likes of Mount who became a key player. I think he's a good choice.

But by the same token, you’re saying you want Benitez out, but he hasn’t been given time to work with his best XI, or build a squad.

He put faith in Mount, but Chelsea’s youth side is stacked with talent. We literally have nothing waiting to come through.

Same point that Tuchel came in, and he got the side who couldn’t gel, to help quickly. He fixed the defensive issues immediately.

Just don’t think Lampard the choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.