Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
How depressing would it be to be a West Ham fan.

Stuck in a stadium totally inadequate for hosting football.
A point above the relegation zone.
A well-funded yet woefully underperforming squad.
Horrible football club owners.
Little room for optimism on the horizon.
David Moyes and Tony Pulis touted as their next manager lol

How depressing would it be to be a West Ham fan.

Stuck in a stadium totally inadequate for hosting football.
A point above the relegation zone.
A well-funded yet woefully underperforming squad.
Horrible football club owners.
Little room for optimism on the horizon.
David Moyes and Tony Pulis touted as their next manager lol
Ive just caught on the BBC footie news. Moyes... and Big Sam being touted. Lmao. And we have Carlos Big Balls. Love it.

They might get Sam Allardyce
God, I hope not as it's pretty much certain that they will survive with his turgid but pragmatic (if you could call it that) style of defensive football.

I want them to have Moyes because it's more likely they'll disappear into the abyss, where they belong. Imagine that soulless bowl if they're in the Championship!

That's not saying much as we're crap.:oops:
The XI you played against us was the worst, well most embarrassing, Arsenal team I've seen in decades, and that includes a youthful LC team under Wenger.

It's a big job for Arteta because the players simply look far below what you'd expect from an Arsenal team, including their desire, while the owner isn't bothered.

I’m afraid I can’t cite a survey of Villareal fans conducted circa 2009 as to whether or not they approve of Manuel Pellegrini, mate.

But, given the fans I spoke to a few years back had nothing but great things to say about him and that time for their club, when he took over they had finished 8th, 15th and 15th in the seasons prior.

He got them to 3rd and Champions League Football in his 1st season. Then finished 2nd in the La Liga and reached the semi finals of the CL with bloody Villareal in the seasons that followed - I’m guessing most of them think he’s sound.

Anyone with a brain would look at that and go, “Didn’t win a thing - but got VILLAREAL not only to qualify regularly for the Champions League, but actually got them to finish 2nd in La Liga and reach the last 4 of the biggest club competition”

So no, no silverware, but what an achievement.

Go through the posts, because the chat was about Madrid not Villareal

Pellegrini was a good manager. In the same way that David Moyes was a good manager. Neither were top managers ever. And they're both well past their sell by date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back