Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants any footy to watch,Serie A games are on thoughtout today-[think its some type of Holiday in Italy],including Milan at 2pm were i think Ibrahimović may play-if fit etc

Oops, didn't realise a simple question about a red card would lead to keyboard fisticuffslol

Anyway @Alan Whittle who takes the penalty when one of our gormless defenders breathes on Zaha on Saturday lunch time, if Luka(not even trying his surname) is banned ?

Oops, didn't realise a simple question about a red card would lead to keyboard fisticuffslol

Anyway @Alan Whittle who takes the penalty when one of our gormless defenders breathes on Zaha on Saturday lunch time, if Luka(not even trying his surname) is banned ?
Good question. I'm honestly not sure. It depends who is fit. As well as Luka (banned)
we will have Ward, Sakho, Dann, Van Arnholt, Meyer, Schlupp, Townsend and Benteke injured. That pre supposes no one else got a knock yesterday. My guess would be Ayew.

Good question. I'm honestly not sure. It depends who is fit. As well as Luka (banned)
we will have Ward, Sakho, Dann, Van Arnholt, Meyer, Schlupp, Townsend and Benteke injured. That pre supposes no one else got a knock yesterday. My guess would be Ayew.

Think McArthur would take one.

FWIW, I think the red was for when Milivojevic kicked out while on the ground. It was a storm in a teacup other than that.

Think McArthur would take one.

FWIW, I think the red was for when Milivojevic kicked out while on the ground. It was a storm in a teacup other than that.
Yes, McArthur is the other option.
If Luka should have gone for kicking out then so should Huddlestone imho. I wasn't aware until yesterday that the rules apparently state that there doesn't need to be contact if you lean your head aggressively (however briefly) into an opponent. The whole thing was a farce. The ref was facing away from the incident. Both players were booked but several Derby players surrounded the ref asking for VAR. The ref referred it. A few minutes later, the VAR lot suggested the ref look at his own screen, which he did for another couple of minutes and only then did a red card appear. Clear & obvious??

If Luka should have gone for kicking out then so should Huddlestone imho. I wasn't aware until yesterday that the rules apparently state that there doesn't need to be contact if you lean your head aggressively (however briefly) into an opponent. The whole thing was a farce. The ref was facing away from the incident. Both players were booked but several Derby players surrounded the ref asking for VAR. The ref referred it. A few minutes later, the VAR lot suggested the ref look at his own screen, which he did for another couple of minutes and only then did a red card appear. Clear & obvious??

I’d say if the ref was looking away from the incident that constitutes him missing a clear & obvious error.

Wasn’t purposely being confrontational last night btw just confused why you didn’t think it was a red. Also agree that I think Huddlestone should have gone anyway as I’m still in the boat a kick out is a red card if I’m not mistaken.

Should still be a good one.
Hodgson seems to have put a hex on us,we can't seem to buy a win against him.
I'm going for a face saving draw (be our 10th this season if it is :blush:).

I haven't got a horse in this race, mate, but when I first saw it I thought Milivojevic would go. Huddlestone is angry but doesn't react violently, LM does. Irrespective of how it came about, I personally would've said it was the right decision.

Should still be a good one.
Hodgson seems to have put a hex on us,we can't seem to buy a win against him.
I'm going for a face saving draw (be our 10th this season if it is :blush:).
As we've only beaten you once at Selhurst since 1980 I'm not expecting much. I'd take a draw now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back