Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that, THAT unpopular an opinion?

He’s like Hazard for me, very good wide player. One of the best 10 in his position, but won’t be remembered as a top top player when he finishes.
Agreed on both. I think Sterling still has the potential to up his game but Hazard was never world class for me

United are rotten, very similar to us.

Players like Phil Jones (Keane for us) I will never understand why they get kept on , they’ve shown time and time again that they’re not good enough to play at the level, they need replacing, it’s surely plainly obvious

Can the player in that position be improved on? If yes , then do it.

Jones has been there forever and wouldn’t be a stand out player in a bottom 10 team. I’ll never understand it.

Players like Phil Jones (Keane for us) I will never understand why they get kept on , they’ve shown time and time again that they’re not good enough to play at the level, they need replacing, it’s surely plainly obvious

Jones has been there forever and wouldn’t be a stand out player in a bottom 10 team. I’ll never understand it.

He was offered a testimonial this summer and said no, was too embarrassed that no one would turn up. Even he can't believe he plays for a club like them.

Phil Jones is one of them for United that he’ll be on a poor run of form and then every so often he’s had a game where he’s almost Baresi-like, utterly dominant, and then he’ll have a patch where he’s not too bad and it pulls him back from the brink. I don’t think social media does him any favours because of those faces he pulls and the odd calamity, he’s been scapegoated by the entire fanbase.

He’s gone downhill in recent years and has come to represent everything that’s wrong with the club and bears the collective of all the fans frustration. Smalling was the same, he’s gone to Roma and actually done very well.

Both aren’t ‘bad’ defenders, they just take a lot of flack for a team that’s been going downhill for a number of years. You don’t play almost 10 years for Manchester United (even this iteration which hasn’t been the Premier League giant it was) if you’re a really bad player.

Still mad to think he’s only 27.

Look at the state of that free kick, Rashford is shocking at them. Dining out on that one at Chelsea earlier this season.

It is a pity City couldn’t do that to United when the Title race was still alive :(

They could be 17 points ahead of City if they win their game in hand. If City had beat United, the title race would still be over at a 14 point gap. Can’t see them losing 5 games - or City winning 100% from now for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back