Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you highlighting the foot in football when headers are a perfectly legitimate way of scoring?

No one is desperate for those goals we’ve just watched football for that many years we’re baffled that they’ve decided to change it so ball to hand only exists outside of a goal.
They should call it headball.

They've changed it because they realized allowing players to score with their arms is dumb. It's really all there is to it.

They should call it headball.

They've changed it because they realized allowing players to score with their arms is dumb. It's really all there is to it.

No, what you’re saying is dumb. Fans of every club think what you’re saying is dumb. Pundits all over the country think what you’re saying is dumb. Actual PL players think what you’re saying is dumb. You’re in an absolute minority here thinking accidental handballs like Jimenez’s should be chalked off.

No, what you’re saying is dumb. Fans of every club think what you’re saying is dumb. Pundits all over the country think what you’re saying is dumb. Actual PL players think what you’re saying is dumb. You’re in an absolute minority here thinking accidental handballs like Jimenez’s should be chalked off.
When have I ever had a a problem with that?

I think when a defender clears a ball and it ends up in a dangerous chance because a guy blocks it with his arm like Jimenez and like Rice a week or two ago that's not a fair goal. It defeats the point of the game and it encourages players to try and be snide. It's far easier and fairer to say that they all don't count.

Football's biggest problem with VAR is that for far too long the rules weren't enforced properly and now that VAR is allowing it people think that the game is being ruined. It's going to be hard to fix that. Refereeing standards being so low have done lasting damage as things that have always been not allowed are suddenly not being allowed. I don't just mean handballs.

When have I ever had a a problem with that?

I think when a defender clears a ball and it ends up in a dangerous chance because a guy blocks it with his arm like Jimenez and like Rice a week or two ago that's not a fair goal. It defeats the point of the game and it encourages players to try and be snide. It's far easier and fairer to say that they all don't count.

Football's biggest problem with VAR is that for far too long the rules weren't enforced properly and now that VAR is allowing it people think that the game is being ruined. It's going to be hard to fix that. Refereeing standards being so low have done lasting damage as things that have always been not allowed are suddenly not being allowed. I don't just mean handballs.

How can an attacker be snide with an accidental handball? To be snide it would have to be a deliberate handball which would never, ever get past VAR. It just removes the unpredictability of the game which is what makes it so special. Or used to.

How can an attacker be snide with an accidental handball? To be snide it would have to be a deliberate handball which would never, ever get past VAR. It just removes the unpredictability of the game which is what makes it so special. Or used to.
Make yourself bigger and hope the ref doesn't think it's intentional. It isn't really that hard to see it happening.

Again I fail to see how the game is being ruined by disallowing handball goals. Plenty of wild stuff still happens.

Make yourself bigger and hope the ref doesn't think it's intentional. It isn't really that hard to see it happening.

Again I fail to see how the game is being ruined by disallowing handball goals. Plenty of wild stuff still happens.

Making yourself bigger goes against the silhouette crap they do now. You couldn’t get away with it.

You fail to see how supporters are consistently being robbed of the joy of celebrating their team scoring. Maybe you feel this way because you don’t go watch it.

Making yourself bigger goes against the silhouette crap they do now. You couldn’t get away with it.

You fail to see how supporters are consistently being robbed of the joy of celebrating their team scoring. Maybe you feel this way because you don’t go watch it.
I mean I watch the games myself and have yet to not celebrate a goal because it might not count. So my personal experience is it's changed nothing. The only thing that's changed is the level of fume when we get screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back