Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do people get more angry when they watch certain other teams getting to finals lol, good on them as its our own fault for not been good enough no matter who the team we play,what the team we or they put out even when a full strength team from us ,its just always on us not even trying,caring,looking bothered etc,that is what has to change

why do people get more angry when they watch certain other teams getting to finals lol, good on them as its our own fault for not been good enough no matter who the team we play,what the team we or they put out even when a full strength team from us ,its just always on us not even trying,caring,looking bothered etc,that is what has to change

I think you've answered your own question mate - no one is angry at any other team more so they are annoyed with a supposed ambitious big club like us constantly showing no pride in the shirt.

Great point raised elsewhere is that if Villa happen to win the Carabao and also go straight back down to the championship this season, they won't be badly hindered in any subsequent promotion campaign by an unwanted twenty million Europa League qualifiers.

Remember the sad fate suffered by their fierce city rivals Birmingham City when they beat Arsenal in the final - around a decade or more ago (actually Feb 2011) when relegation quickly followed. Their manager Alex Neill was sacked and their subsequent Europa campaign meant an impossible number of games which wrecked their promising promotion campaign.

The blues have stayed down ever since as the parachute payments stopped and they suffered the trademark demise copyrighted by so many before them, never regaining their top flight status.

Great point raised elsewhere is that if Villa happen to win the Carabao and also go straight back down to the championship this season, they won't be badly hindered in any subsequent promotion campaign by an unwanted twenty million Europa League qualifiers.

Remember the sad fate suffered by their fierce city rivals Birmingham City when they beat Arsenal in the final - around a decade or more ago when relegation quickly followed. Their manager Alex Neill was sacked and their subsequent Europa campaign meant an impossible number of games which wrecked their promising promotion campaign.

The blues have stayed down ever since as the parachute payments stopped and they suffered the trademark demise copyrighted by so many before them, never regaining their top flight status.
I'm confident that Kevin de Bruyne will take care of this scenario before it becomes an issue for Aston Villa.

It seems like some Man utd fans are trying there best to get rid of Ed woodward by going his house and throwing Flares over gates towards it,how far house is from the gates i would not know

In fact unfortunately for Villa and contrary to my post, the EFL cup winners do actually qualify for the Europa second qualifying round which could scupper any subsequent promotion campaign after all (if they progressed to the group stage as Birmingham did)

Could Villa copy their City rivals after all

That was still Mancini managing them right? I think this team is a bit different.

There are some startling similarities in that that season City finished a poor second eleven points off Man United winning twenty-three , drawing nine and losing six games. (38 games)

This season City are second but a couple of leagues behind first (16 points having played an extra game) and have already lost five from 23 games.

Their defence has conceded an amazing 27 goals in just 23 games (amazing only relative to their own high standards) but in 2013 conceded only 34 all season.

While making it absolutely clear i think KdB and the lads will murder Villa it's surprising how not every stat is better for them in this pretty average season (by their exalted standards)

(you can also easily point to goals scored stats which is far better nowadays, so only selected stats used - stats can be used to support any case if very selective)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back