Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quality signing, looking forward to seeing him here but thought Sancho was nailed on for them. Unless they plan to play Ziyech more central as they also have pulisic and Hudson-Odoi as wide options

Think this means the end of Pedro and Willian. Poor Ross will be off to West Ham on loan to help their promotion campaign

They could play him central with Jorginho and Kante. He's thrived on the right though, and he's the type of player that you fit the team around.

Great move by Chelsea getting this done early. It'll be great when Lampard still finds a way to start Mount instead for a month straight. I wish players I liked would stop going to Chelsea while he's manager.

meanwhile across the pond and south of the Equator...

2015 saw tiny little Guarani, my Paraguayan side draw, then defeat Brazilian giants from Sao Paolo, Corinthians.

Last week Guarani won the home leg, 1-0, tonight, after 30 minutes were down 2-0 and hardened the [insert naughty word here] up, got a fantastico free kick from Fernando Fernandez (also scored the lone goal in the opener... and a goal scorer in the 2015 meeting) and hold off the onslaught to once again play the role of David, knocking out a Goliath.

It's like some 3rd or 4th position side in something like the Swiss or Polish league knocking Tottenham out of Champs League. Twice. In six years.

Saddest thing is the team wear black and yellow, so upon seeing the match hit final in twitter, ran across the street to the beer bar to see a family of four also in black and yellow... only much more dour. Fans of the wonderfully named Bolivian club, The Strongest, lamenting as they were, well, not the Strongest on this night and had been knocked out of the competition..

Now back home, beer in hand and blaring me some ABBA...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back