Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have more ability than both United and Arsenal but with Pedro and Batshauyi playing that isn't on show tonight.

Absolutely. They've still got a better squad than anyone outside the top 2 IMO. Just a striker light.

But as pointed out at the start of the game, they're shocking when they lose the ball. And they have one of the best DMs in world football too.

So it's clearly Lamps management style

Absolutely. They've still got a better squad than anyone outside the top 2 IMO. Just a striker light.

But as pointed out at the start of the game, they're shocking when they lose the ball. And they have one of the best DMs in world football too.

So it's clearly Lamps management style
I'm far from convinced by Lampard. Realistically if they get a serviceable backup for Abraham and maybe a better LB they could go into next season with a strong squad. But I wouldn't trust Lampard to stay in touching distance of the league.

I'm far from convinced by Lampard. Realistically if they get a serviceable backup for Abraham and maybe a better LB they could go into next season with a strong squad. But I wouldn't trust Lampard to stay in touching distance of the league.

Still think they'll need to buy a proper striker. Not convinced on Abraham to take them forward. They're down Hazard and need to replace him.

But that midfield is very strong IMO. Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Barkley is something you can get a tune out of. Sarri did.

4th has to be the target.
Win these next 3/4 games and we are well in the mix. Fail to win any and we are not ready.

Given the points gap, there’s about 7 teams all saying this.

We’ve got a chance and we’re in with a shout like anyone else but we’d need to beat the very best teams, when it really matters, something I’m perhaps conditioned to believe simply won’t happen. We’re nowhere near consistent or good enough to reach top four / five, despite the narrow points gap.

The better teams tend to finish strongly too. If i’m wrong, I’ll be delighted. Would gladly take 7th and EL now if offered.

When you think that they have sold De Bruyne, Lukaku, Salah..
They could have been pissing the Prem for years.

Still have the 3rd best squad in the league but an average manager. Chelsea like Man U, Spurs, Arsenal and I think even City to a certain extent all due a reboot. Chelsea and Utd will get new managers soon, Spurs need a revamp and Arsenal I think are miles away. City need to splurge again but will they be able to attract the best this time. Time for us to get it right. For once.

When you think that they have sold De Bruyne, Lukaku, Salah..
They could have been pissing the Prem for years.

GettyImages-1184524371.jpg

The fella has taken over a team under transfer embargo, under a transitional spell.

He has them in a CL spot, and is bringing out young talent for the first time since Terry and uhhh him after they signed him from West Ham.
Mount, Abraham, James and Tomori are all finally getting a chance. Chelsea should be where Arsenal are, i'd say he's doing a good job, lets see how he does after a Transfer Window, with actual money, already Ziyech is incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back