Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still say that refs and now VAR isle need to explain why they rolled the way they do.

Surely they have to do that internally.

The only thing that I can figure is that they ruled it was accidental. The player's reaction was not consistent with intent, and I'm not sure I'd call it reckless, but it was definitely careless. How no card was handed out is beyond me.

I wouldn't have wanted to be Kevin Friend having to defend that to Lampard.

oon
He has been terrible this season.

Spurs look useless in general.
Son has masked a lot of their failings.

whole club was built around Kane who has a workload that doesn't really correlate well a with a long term career. Son is very good but he doesn't make everyone around him better.

Unreal this comment on one of the Spurs forums just earlier regarding the tackle :coffee:

View attachment 79743

I get why they were aggrieved, but that one was a clear retaliatory tackle which resulted in a serious injury. Granted, the player's intent was not to cause the result, but he caused it. For me, that's a clearer red than this one, which falls in the category of "at least a yellow and if the ref chooses to give you a red you cannot complain".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back