Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even think you got this many wrong decisions when VAR wasn't involved.
I think that the statistics will suggest there are actually more correct decisions due to VAR, especially if you consider the micro-analysis of offside etc.

However in reality, while many decisions may actually be technically correct they probably wouldn't have been questioned before the introduction to VAR...

... and there's definitely now more contentious decisions being made. Are we happier with the level of officiating now compared to pre-VAR? I'm certainly not!

They have VAR in an external location and a referee at the match, who can watch a replay on VAR, but they are still missing such blatant decisions like today's.

I think that the statistics will suggest there are actually more correct decisions due to VAR, especially if you consider the micro-analysis of offside etc.

However in reality, while many decisions may actually be technically correct they probably wouldn't have been questioned before the introduction to VAR...

... and there's definitely now more contentious decisions being made. Are we happier with the level of officiating now compared to pre-VAR? I'm certainly not!

They have VAR in an external location and a referee at the match who can watch a replay on VAR, but they are still missing such blatant decisions as today.

Which is what's wrong with the stats as they're set in a parameter. The offsides will "prove" it's working inside the parameters. This outweighs all the other stats in decisions they could deem to be wrong or missed.

We're in a world of selective statistics now to prove a certain point of view. Rather than looking at the whole picture we zero in on the selective.

Swear to god if some bizarre twist of fate happened and I ended up as the CEO of the Premier League, the very first thing I’d do on day 1 is sack every single referee and linesman and appoint 30 random new fellas from Sunday league.

This is it, it’s mad when people go “we’ve got such and such as ref this weekend,” when they’re all absolutely dump.

Swear to god if some bizarre twist of fate happened and I ended up as the CEO of the Premier League, the very first thing I’d do on day 1 is sack every single referee and linesman and appoint 30 random new fellas from Sunday league.

I'd keep the little ugly linesman, and the girl (Sian Massey-Ellis). The rest I agree with you.

This is it, it’s mad when people go “we’ve got such and such as ref this weekend,” when they’re all absolutely dump.
I liked your post, but let's be totally honest: while all the referees are atrocious, you've still got the likes of Lee Mason and Jon 'I hate Everton' Moss.

They're on a different level of incompetence and really are the bottom of the barrel. It's choosing from a really bad bunch, but some are very, very bad.

Should do a swap for one game week.
We have the Spanish refs for example for a week and they get our lot.

See how that works.

Said it before but there needs to be a training camp done with the top refs from leagues that actually use VAR correctly then everyone that doesn’t want to learn it should be struck off

I liked your post, but let's be totally honest: while all the referees are atrocious, you've still got the likes of Lee Mason and Jon 'I hate Everton' Moss.

They're on a different level of incompetence.

That David Coote makes the pair of them look semi-competent at times. Michael Oliver is meant to be our “best” referee and he’s an absolute buffoon. If he was reffing 20 years ago he’d be the worst in the league by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back