Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zatara remember when I said this :

And you said I was talking rubbish?

Cos I do.

I like Militao...Jovic will come good...

So much of that is Madrid having no real need to negotiate. No other club would have spent 45m on Mendy or 50m on Militao.

Id have been made up if we had signed Militao for £45mil.

That Vinicius is utter, utter tripe.

19 and playing for Real...massive hype around him and still very young. To look 'average' for Real isnt bad at that age :)

I like Militao...Jovic will come good...

Id have been made up if we had signed Militao for £45mil.

19 and playing for Real...massive hype around him and still very young. To look 'average' for Real isnt bad at that age :)
Any team that had to value money could have knocked 15m off the price for Militao and Mendy. It just doesn't matter to Madrid. I'm not even criticizing the quality of the players, just that they're so rich they'll overpay to simply get it done.

Any team that had to value money could have knocked 15m off the price for Militao and Mendy. It just doesn't matter to Madrid. I'm not even criticizing the quality of the players, just that they're so rich they'll overpay to simply get it done.

I think they paid Militao's release clause.

We were linked to him for £3mil before he went to Porto and over the season...i think @Nymzee was the first to mention him here.

I actually think he looks best as a right back.

I have the feeling City have been poor in the league because they;re prioritising the CL this season. They've looked excellent in the CL up to now.
They've looked excellent in the CL, I agree. But I don't think that accounts for losing to the likes of Norwich or having a very ropey winter when the CL isn't on.

However, they do have a very good chance of winning the thing. Last night's result is one of the biggest in their European history especially in the context of the ban. Big statement.

That post aged very quickly lol

iu

Last edited:
I wouldn't write Bayern Munich off just yet
I dont know how to assess Bayern I've watched them against spurs and chelsea and they look great but I dont know if it was because the other two were poor on the night.I wouldn't fancy Bayern over two legs against the rs though.But I'm still hoping Madrid can knock them our doubt it like.

Finally, Pep shows some tactical know-how and the results were clear for all to see. Of course, this Madrid team is not the same team of 2 or 3 years ago when they were spearheaded by one of the best players the game has ever seen, but, nevertheless, this was an excellent performance and result from a Man City team that played with a specific plan to nullify their opponents.

Maybe Pep will finally realise it pays to be adaptable: if this penny has finally dropped, then this could, no should, finally be their season. Of course, this won't be of great meaning to the City faithful who have always been far more interested in domestic success, but it will mean more than any premier League title to both Pep and the board

City hate UEFA with some justification, Platini presided over the introduction of FFP which was always designed with the express purpose of stopping the likes of them joining the 'elite' club. With no great fan base or riches it would have taken a millennium for City to get anywhere near the likes of United.

Mr. Corruption himself, Michel Platini, saw the danger, the elite cartel supported it and FFP was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back