Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The attraction when I was a kid was the crowd and being at a ground. I was just as excited about being at the front behind the goal as anything else.

Late comers to the game, age wise, probably enjoy it as a TV sport cos thats all they have known.
Obviously being American I'm not going to football matches with top atmosphere but I do go to NFL games and while I love the atmosphere I also appreciate all the stuff happening on the field enough that I will not be complaining about it when there is no atmosphere. It is a bit disappointing, but I do like the actual game enough.

With the German footy kicking off today I think we have to wait atleast 3-4 weeks now to see if there's any fall out.. half the German league could have the virus in a few weeks! Only time will tell..

Obviously being American I'm not going to football matches with top atmosphere but I do go to NFL games and while I love the atmosphere I also appreciate all the stuff happening on the field enough that I will not be complaining about it when there is no atmosphere. It is a bit disappointing, but I do like the actual game enough.

Been listening on the radio. It sounds pathetic.

Saw a bit of that Korean game. Not a football match in my book.

I’d get used to it. The atmosphere is akin to the local swimming pool but that’s what football is going to be until the virus is gone.
Sad predicament casually watch games from time to time before but feel like the soul is missing. Will see how I go when I'm emotionally invested I guess

The attraction when I was a kid was the crowd and being at a ground. I was just as excited about being at the front behind the goal as anything else.

Late comers to the game, age wise, probably enjoy it as a TV sport cos thats all they have known.

The 2 things I enjoy most about football are my trips over to Goodison and going to northern Ireland away games.

Looks like I wont be able to do either for months, maybe 2 or 3 years. Watching on tv is not the same. Watching empty stadiums on tv is just completely underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back