Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seem to remember palace getting relegated with 49 points in the early 90's too.
Indeed. 92/93 49 points with a GD of -2 worse than Oldham. 3 down that season.
94/95 Went down with 45 points. Four down, we were the extra team. Having got to both the FAC and LC semi finals we finished in the last four of every competition we entered that season.lol. Norwich finished 3rd bottom and even they had 43 points.

Thought that Maupay's challenge on the keeper was proper $hithousery. He was never getting the ball and went through anyway to leave one on him. Resulted in a bad injury.

Personally, I'd liken it to what Son did to Gomes. Did he mean to seriously hurt him? No. But it was an unnecessary thing to do.

You've got every right to go for the ball if you have a chance. This wasn't one of those in my opinion.

Thought that Maupay's challenge on the keeper was proper $hithousery. He was never getting the ball and went through anyway to leave one on him. Resulted in a bad injury.

Personally, I'd liken it to what Son did to Gomes. Did he mean to seriously hurt him? No. But it was an unnecessary thing to do.

You've got every right to go for the ball if you have a chance. This wasn't one of those in my opinion.
Thing is, he was way closer to getting the ball than Son was, and yet people are saying how he’s a rat etc when it was ‘oh poor son’ before. Funny how the narratives are different when you cry.

Maupay is a proper snide. Not just because he plays for them either.

Thing is, he was way closer to getting the ball than Son was, and yet people are saying how he’s a rat etc when it was ‘oh poor son’ before. Funny how the narratives are different when you cry.
I actually think Maupay legitimately went for the ball although it would also be fair to say that he left something in - it happens all the time.

For me, it's not even a yellow card offence and unfortunately it has resulted in a serious injury; as I said with Son, the result itself is not the primary factor.

I think Son lost his head and went for retaliation, committed an actual challenge.

Maupay, while he knew what he was doing, had nowhere near the amount of malice or threat. He wasn't even going at any real pace to clatter into Leno, he just jumped into him. Leno landing awkwardly is pure accident.

9 times out of 10, the same thing happens on a corner that the keeper goes to collect but with even more robust challenges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back