Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Sheffield United fouled a player and got the goal against them disallowed from it.
What absolute idiots are making the laws to this game??
Probably the usual people that are not proper footy fans, and think they know better and know stuff that will make footy better lol

So Sheffield United fouled a player and got the goal against them disallowed from it.
What absolute idiots are making the laws to this game??
Yes that's what I don't get, surely the advantage wasn't there and they get the free kick.

I've got no problem with the other part. You can't use your hands to score. Period.

Yes that's what I don't get, sure the advantage wasn't there and they get the free kick.

I've got no problem with the other part. You can't use your hands to score. Period.
This means you can purposefully foul the opposition in open play if they're threatening and hope as they fall, they handball it. Even if advantage is played, a goal leading from it will be disallowed.
Its mental.

This means you can purposefully foul the opposition in open play if they're threatening and hope as they fall, they handball it. Even if advantage is played, a goal leading from it will be disallowed.
Its mental.
Honestly read that back and think about how realistic it is. It's probably not happening enough to be a strategy.

My take is if you want it to be easier to score the right answer is to book players for every intentional foul and stop allowing defenders to constantly push and grab attackers not to let attackers get away with handling it.

Honestly read that back and think about how realistic it is. It's probably not happening enough to be a strategy.

My take is if you want it to be easier to score the right answer is to book players for every intentional foul and stop allowing defenders to constantly push and grab attackers not to let attackers get away with handling it.
Probably not happening enough because players don't think there can be benefit from fouling near the box. Laws like this changes that.
Needs to be changed ASAP.

Probably not happening enough because players don't think there can be benefit from fouling near the box. Laws like this changes that.
Needs to be changed ASAP.
I really don't follow. Defenders are going to foul more in dangerous areas because it could touch the guys arm and get the free kick reversed? Is that why we need to allow people to score with their hands?

Big Games this weekend/monday for that race for europe involving teams right by us

Burnley v Sheff utd
Spurs v Everton
Wolves v Arsenal

I really don't follow. Defenders are going to foul more in dangerous areas because it could touch the guys arm and get the free kick reversed? Is that why we need to allow people to score with their hands?
??
That's not what I'm saying at all. If a player is fouled (which was the case as the ref played advantage) leading to a handball, regardless of if a goal is scored from it, it needs to go back to the foul for a free kick, not just disallow the goal.

??
That's not what I'm saying at all. If a player is fouled (which was the case as the ref played advantage) leading to a handball, regardless of if a goal is scored from it, it needs to go back to the foul for a free kick, not just disallow the goal.
Oh I agree with that.

Do you agree the goal shouldn't be allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back