Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd put my money on Bournemouth and Villa. I wonder if Bournemouth would recover. I still remember when Northampton Town came up through the divisions in about 5 years in the early 60s. Their first match in the old 1st Division was a 5-2 away defeat at Goodison in the 65-66 season - I remember because we won the FA Cup the same season. They were relegated and went back down to the 4th Division in consecutive seasons.
It was also the time someone from the FA came to our school to pick boys for the opening ceremony of the World Cup. I was in a line up but didn't get picked. It didn't help when we went down two-nil to Wednesday in the Cup Final, but we all know how that turned out :)

Got over 70 goals + assists for Dortmund as a teenager, how much does it take for you to get off the fence ??

Ha. It's the league not the player.

The same if he was hitting the same numbers in the Dutch league.

And it was in context of if United were looking at getting him. Bounce £50mill on him but then still have a poor backline and be a midfielder light.

I just cant be doing with bias Blue tinted stupidity.

Like when people laugh at Danny Ings scoring 20+ goals this season but then have the gaul to say Moise Kean is the better player.

Im all for opinions but ask fans of every club outside of EFC/Southampton and they'll all pick Ings in their team every day of the week.

Yet you'll get laughed at on here for having that opinion- hence why I refuse to debate with such dooey eyed bias.

Try debating footie with a Kopite and its the same thing hence I avoid it like Covid.
People have got a lot of Gaul, but then this is the Asterix season...

Got over 70 goals + assists for Dortmund as a teenager, how much does it take for you to get off the fence ??
I also don't get why people are treating the Bundesliga like the Eredivisie now. Maybe it is a bit more open but it is also high quality. I mean Spurs were brushed aside with ease by RBL and Bayern, Chelsea blasted by Bayern too and Dortmund lost to a PSG side that have two of the 7 or 8 best players in the world. Getting 30 goals and assists in a season in that league is very good!

Ha. It's the league not the player.

The same if he was hitting the same numbers in the Dutch league.

And it was in context of if United were looking at getting him. Bounce £50mill on him but then still have a poor backline and be a midfielder light.
It's the 3rd or 4th best league in Europe. It's not like you are talking about how good he is in the MLS.

Ozil on a reasonable loan (I'm guessing "reasonable" will be 80-100K/week)? we do have have one of those good managers now maybe he can make it work. Even if it doesn't he can't make our midfield any worse!

Ozil on a reasonable loan (I'm guessing "reasonable" will be 80-100K/week)? we do have have one of those good managers now maybe he can make it work. Even if it doesn't he can't make our midfield any worse!
Christ no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back