Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have to be in the box to convert chances though.

Seriously, I can't believe how far Kane has fallen off.

Kane hasn't fallen off, he just isn't getting any chances made for him for and there 3 reasons.
1) He is playing in front of a very average midfield,
2) Our manager is obviously playing him further back so that he can hopefully supply our two wide players.
3) Our past it dinosaur managers negative tactics does not make for many chances created and IMO, if Kane were to join City, because of the attacking football and the many more chances he would have, I think he would break goal scoring records.

Kane hasn't fallen off, he just isn't getting any chances made for him for and there 3 reasons.
1) He is playing in front of a very average midfield,
2) Our manager is obviously playing him further back so that he can hopefully supply our two wide players.
3) Our past it dinosaur managers negative tactics does not make for many chances created and IMO, if Kane were to join City, because of the attacking football and the many more chances he would have, I think he would break goal scoring records.
You can place the blame wherever you feel like but Kane used to be basically the best player non-Messi/Ronaldo division at getting shots away and not having all of them be from distance and he isn't doing that anymore. That's a fall off even if you want to put it all down to the stuff beyond his control. And personally I wouldn't do that because it started last year.

Also no duh on the City thing. Victor Anichebe might hit 20 of you just dropped him into that team for 30 games or so.

You can place the blame wherever you feel like but Kane used to be basically the best player non-Messi/Ronaldo division at getting shots away and not having all of them be from distance and he isn't doing that anymore. That's a fall off even if you want to put it all down to the stuff beyond his control. And personally I wouldn't do that because it started last year.

Also no duh on the City thing. Victor Anichebe might hit 20 of you just dropped him into that team for 30 games or so.

Ok, we all have different opinions and I think Kane is still a very good player and will set the world alight at City.
Your last paragraph, I have no idea what you've wriiten so I have no idea what you're on about?

Ok, we all have different opinions and I think Kane is still a very good player and will set the world alight at City.
Your last paragraph, I have no idea what you're on about
what you've wriiten so I have no idea what you're on about?
The last paragraph is basically saying drop any decent striker into the City team and they'll score a truck load. Iheanacho scored a league goal every 135 minutes for them.

The last paragraph is basically saying drop any decent striker into the City team and they'll score a truck load. Iheanacho scored a league goal every 135 minutes for them.

My reply about Kane started when sone said that City need a Dzecho type striker and I think Kane could be that type of player for City.

Opinions are like balls, all us blokes have them and if people think Kane wouldn't score more goals for City than Iheanacho, then that's their opinion. It's not an opinion that I agree with though.

My reply about Kane started when sone said that City need a Dzecho type striker and I think Kane could be that type of player for City.

Opinions are like balls, all us blokes have them and if people think Kane wouldn't score more goals for City than Iheanacho, then that's their opinion. It's not an opinion that I agree with though.
That's not what I'm saying. All I mean is saying "Kane could score for City" means very little in the context of "is Kane as good as he was in 2017/18?"

That's not what I'm saying. All I mean is saying "Kane could score for City" means very little in the context of "is Kane as good as he was in 2017/18?"

OK. If you can't see the difference between playing for a very attacking team (which Spurs were under Poch a few years ago) and not scoring as many goals in a non attacking side (which Spurs have evolved into) then that's ok.
IMO, Kane would still score more goals for city than any other player in the P/L, including Aquaro, (who would have scored less goals if he was not playing for City.)
P.S. I'm not saying that Aquaro isn't a very good player, I just think Kane would score more.
Unfortunately, we will probably be finding it within 12 months.

EDIT; I'm busy so I can't reply any more.

OK. If you can't see the difference between playing for a very attacking team (which Spurs were under Poch a few years ago) and not scoring as many goals in a non attacking side (which Spurs have evolved into) then that's ok.
IMO, Kane would still score more goals for city than any other player in the P/L, including Aquaro, (who would have scored less goals if he was not playing for City.)
P.S. I'm not saying that Aquaro isn't a very good player, I just think Kane would score more.
Unfortunately, we will probably be finding it within 12 months.

EDIT; I'm busy so I can't reply any more.
My take is part of the reason Spurs weren't an "attacking team" in Poch's last 12 months is Harry Kane wasn't as good. The Eriksen thing is the other big reason.

A watford win home to Norwich Live on Pick in a few mins,and maybe a man utd win at villa Thursday along with bournemouth drawing/losing to spurs if that happens, maybe go along way to who goes down

Palace v chelsea in few mins as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back