Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The smaller clubs would rather play at the Premier League ground because in the cup gate receipts are split. Nearly 50% of 5k seats or 50% of 40k seats?
Just for the third round and a chance of an upset ; then have a normal draw for the subsequent rounds. It'd make it a bit more interesting, and pose a little conundrum as to whether sides would risk an under strength side as there's no replay.

National League play off semi finals today. Got a stream for York v Altrincham. Currently 0-1, 10 minutes gone.
Finished 0-2.
Very harsh on York City (although not on today’s performance). Were top ( and automatically promoted) when lock down occurred. Lost out to Kings Lynn on the points per game scenario. Now out of the playoffs. Last ever game at Bootham Crescent I believe.

Nasty that.
The ruck after it tho.

Never a red imo, it was made bad by mbappe's ankle going under the leg, otherwise its just a mistimed slide tackle at full force. Not particularly high. Did VAR change it to a red? Otherwise you can't change from a yellow to red based on the severity of an injury.

Never a red imo, it was made bad by mbappe's ankle going under the leg, otherwise its just a mistimed slide tackle at full force. Not particularly high. Did VAR change it to a red? Otherwise you can't change from a yellow to red based on the severity of an injury.
It was deemed a red by VAR after the ref had originally gave a yellow. Think VAR got it right myself tho, stupidly rash from Perrin.

It was deemed a red by VAR after the ref had originally gave a yellow. Think VAR got it right myself tho, stupidly rash from Perrin.

Hahaha, I saw a picture of him showing a red and assumed he gave him a straight red.

Despite me posting a vid that shows the ref clearly gave a yellow at first.

DOH

I really can't see how that's a straight red. Ref got it spot on first time. No malice, trying to get the ball. It's even not mistimed, just accidental? An inch lower and he takes the ball. He's not aiming to hurt Mbappe, and the tackle isn't high. Really unfortunate he's got injured but he's not untouchable - and most times the player getting tackled shrugs it off. Defenders have to be allowed to tackle - isn't it part of the game?

Aw I'm so glad that football has returned and 'the mood of the nation' has improved since.
What better way to improve the mood of millions than;
1. The rs confirmed as champions.
2. Leeds confirmed as being promoted.
3. The dodgy dealings at Wigan Athletic and the pending relegation.
Happy Project Restart to the good people of the UK.

Aw I'm so glad that football has returned and 'the mood of the nation' has improved since.
What better way to improve the mood of millions than;
1. The rs confirmed as champions.
2. Leeds confirmed as being promoted.
3. The dodgy dealings at Wigan Athletic and the pending relegation.
Happy Project Restart to the good people of the UK.

Yep, Christmas really has come early, just look at the joyous celebrations which have produced death/murder, arson, assault, vandalism, virus spikes, total disregard for the environment and a peed off nation.

Amazing that the government thought the two clubs sitting at the top of their tables with their squeaky clean history would bring a much needed boost to the nation, utter morons.

What did you think of the case of Son’s trip and the yellow being changed to a straight red?
Although a few days later it got changed back to a yellow, some feel that Spurs were then wrongly playing with only 10 men and ended up conceded an injury time goal which cost them 2 extra points.

What did you think of the case of Son’s trip and the yellow being changed to a straight red?
Although a few days later it got changed back to a yellow, some feel that Spurs were then wrongly playing with only 10 men and ended up conceded an injury time goal which cost them 2 extra points.

I considered bringing that up but thought better of it. Reap the whirlwind lol

That's at least 6 points VAR has cost us. Would have comfortably been in with a shout of CL qualification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back