Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beauty of an assist to create a breakaway goal by the Sproting KC player there but I'm sure some of you people who look down on MLS would just tell me he created the breakaway goal for the other team.

Just reading some of The Guardian's articles on the PL season and read this in Player of the Season nominees:

Barry Glendenning: Alexander-Arnold’s reinvention of the full-back role and ongoing evolution as a consistently excellent performer despite his tender years remain a joy to behold.

Reinvted the full-back role?!
Glendenning is a bit of a closet kopite.

He always came across quite neutral on the podcasts with Liverpool but his articles and stuff lately suggest otherwise.
I haven't read or listened to much of his stuff recently because I try to avoid him. He's a toad who thinks being Irish and liking a drink automatically makes him charmingly funny. But I can remember 4-5 years ago he seemed to come out with a few pro-kopite things and can be quite harsh on Everton and Evertonians in comparison to other clubs IMO. I remember once in the guardian 10 talking points feature he did a paragraph on Everton subbing on Ty Browning for 10 minutes and calling Evertonians stupid for not appreciating our youth system. Things like that. In one podcast he went on a massive rant about Evertonians too but it was a while ago.

I haven't read or listened to much of his stuff recently because I try to avoid him. He's a toad who thinks being Irish and liking a drink automatically makes him charmingly funny. But I can remember 4-5 years ago he seemed to come out with a few pro-kopite things and can be quite harsh on Everton and Evertonians in comparison to other clubs IMO. I remember once in the guardian 10 talking points feature he did a paragraph on Everton subbing on Ty Browning for 10 minutes and calling Evertonians stupid for not appreciating our youth system. Things like that. In one podcast he went on a massive rant about Evertonians too but it was a while ago.

Oh he's not pro-Everton for sure. He just reminds me of that drunken guy in the corner of the pub that likes to chime in on neighbouring tables conversations.

Funny thing is, speaking about that thread guessing what we all look like, he looks exactly as I thought he would haha.

With Forest missing out on the playoffs it must have been a relief to Notts County fans who have had to get used to being no more than a non league club this season, for the first time in their history too. (having been founder members of the league). Had Forest reached the playoffs and been successful there could have been as many as four tiers between the city rivals.

On Sunday Notts County ,(England's oldest club) have a chance to make it only two with a swift return to the league via the National League playoff final. Harrogate are their opponents and the Yorkshire side will be favourites having finished second in the league, a few points (and game in hand) ahead of County in third.

it's on TV on Sunday at 3 pm, BT sport.

Seems like we can forget stadiums for a while.

These polit events would have initially been a few hundred. That would have been expanded after a couple of months to a few thousand. Then maybe 10k a few months after that (likely 2021). I doubt the plan was ever full stdiums this season. As you say that will now be put back further. Lots of challenges commercially, and I do wonder if this 10 live games a week thing will be continued in exchange for broadcasters essentially not pulling/greatly reducing the deal.

Local news.

Pompey supporter jailed for 20 months for punching a Police horse during fighting with Southampton.

The footage is absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back