Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the result of game after game of decisions going Liverpool's way and against City. It's resulted in the blunting of City's edge and desire.

Job done by the VAR gang. And quicker than they thought they could achieve it too.

Is spot on.

The swell of pressure from the media is unbearable. All of it creates clicks from the horde. Eventually any mortal will crumble under that pressure.

VARse has added more fuel, favouring the RS at every opportunity.

The game is dead.

Odds clearly overlooking their defence. Wolves sliced through them at least four times.

Losing Laporte was big, but losing Kompany was much much bigger. The leadership he brought in the dressing room (and on the field) is very difficult to replace.
Yep,unlucky 1st half not to score and as said during 1st half ,said it looked likely they would,super result for them

Is spot on.

The swell of pressure from the media is unbearable. All of it creates clicks from the horde. Eventually any mortal will crumble under that pressure.

VARse has added more fuel, favouring the RS at every opportunity.

The game is dead.
Correct, and leaving VAR aside for a second, that pressure from the media vis-a-vis Liverpool is something City have had to contend with for over a year. They were undermined at every step by them all last season and managed to raise themselves above it, coming from points behnd each week to do so. That sort of pressure is telling. Add VAR in and that becomes insurmountable.

I'd suggest that anyone who doesnt accept that doesn't know too much about competitive football.

Correct, and leaving VAR aside for a second, that pressure from the media vis-a-vis Liverpool is something City have had to contend with for over a year. They were undermined at every step by them all last season and managed to raise themselves above it, coming from points behnd each week to do so. That sort of pressure is telling. Add VAR in and that becomes insurmountable.

I'd suggest that anyone who doesnt accept that doesn't know too much about competitive football.

Every single paper. Every single pundit.

There will be a twist.
There will be another twist...

City won out against a tidal wave of ---- begging them to slip like Stevie.

It was disgusting and downright wrong.

I cannot type exactly what I think of such behaviour.

Every single paper. Every single pundit.

There will be a twist.
There will be another twist...

City won out against a tidal wave of ---- begging them to slip like Stevie.

It was disgusting and downright wrong.

I cannot type exactly what I think of such behaviour.
That City title win last season left the media and football industry flabbergasted, angry, and determined to settle scores this season. VAR has made it so much easier for them. It's amazing how quickly you can get the job done with it. A team that couldn't buy a title (literally) take their first in 30 years with this in place.

Its remarkable that some on here are suggesting that the game is biased against a club owned by an oil rich state. The rs have certainly benefited from some goalie errors and the dodgy pen yesterday but some of the theories put forward here read like treatments for science fiction movies. Eight games in. No need to be so hysterical, they have a history of blowing leads.

That City title win last season left the media and football industry flabbergasted, angry, and determined to settle scores this season. VAR has made it so much easier for them. It's amazing how quickly you can get the job done with it. A team that couldn't buy a title (literally) take their first in 30 years with this in place.

The biggest worry for me though is what the powers that be have in store for Everton.

The perfect narrative for them is they win it whilst the blue half face relegation.

After the celebrations, and rightly so, from our fans, that will not have gone down well. The ball boy clapping Klopp.

They do not want this club at the top table. Never have. And VAR can really stick the knife in if neccessary.

Its remarkable that some on here are suggesting that the game is biased against a club owned by an oil rich state. The rs have certainly benefited from some goalie errors and the dodgy pen yesterday but some of the theories put forward here read like treatments for science fiction movies. Eight games in. No need to be so hysterical, they have a history of blowing leads.

Don’t bother, mate. This paranoia is an immovable object and a handy comfort blanket for some. Liverpool have a track record of blowing leads and they’ll drop enough points over the season for City to catch up and hopefully pass them. Long way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back