Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The situation after England lose is they're top of the group ahead of the Czechs on the head to head (and goal difference) despite playing a game less and will qualify anyway, pointless.

It was obvious the defence was awful, no pace or agility in the centre, two statuesque slow defenders. For me Joe Gomez or someone with pace and a quick turn has to play for one of them.

Good job it doesn't matter a jot

The Nations league every match means something

VS

The qualifiers - (nearly) every match is meaningless.
meaningless after we found out who qualifies, which is the point of qualifiers

Le
The situation after England lose is they're top of the group ahead of the Czechs on the head to head (and goal difference) despite playing a game less and will qualify anyway, pointless.

It was obvious the defence was awful, no pace or agility in the centre, two statuesque slow defenders. For me Joe Gomez or someone with pace and a quick turn has to play for one of them.

Good job it doesn't matter a jot

The Nations league every match means something

VS

The qualifiers - (nearly) every match is meaningless.
Our 2 standout nations league performances, away to spawin n and home to Croatia, both featured a midfield 3 without Henderson

if I see Keane start for England again my brain is going to fkn melt
Just strolls everywhere. Never seems to know where the ball is. His head seems to be in another world. Same at Everton. Only in for his height. If he was 4 inches shorter wouldn't get in either team ( my opinion )

I know it shouldn't do but when you know you'll qualify even if you put in the occasional half-arsed performance and get absolutely massacred, that edge that you need to really perform in games can be lost.

If enough players, even unintentionally aren't feeling particularly nervous or apprehensive about a match and enough are slightly off, it doesn't have to be much if the other team are really up for it, it happens.

Playing two particularly slow on the turn centre backs with no pace didn't help and was asking for trouble, Gomez has to be in, he's smaller in size but has speed off the mark and agility in turning.

This match was an occasion and a massive opportunity for the Czechs, their cup final and one for the memory banks. England knew that even if they got murdered here they were safely through.

At the top level most of the team have to feel its vital and be a 100% on it, if enough are only 95% it tells.

Bring back the Nations League when every match had meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back