Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It started when the game was already over, which is the problem this three step protocol and walking of causes - there's little incentive to not do it at that stage.

They should be deducted points, made to play behind closed doors for the rest of the qualifiers etc.

The punishment as it stands is not enough to fit the crime, to say the least.

This system is dreadful. Just encourages racist chanting if anything so losing teams can get the team abandoned. Joke

This is what happens when you fine countries 5k instead of throwing them out of competitions.

£5k fine?

As I heard it, they were banned from selling an area of 5000 seats in a stadium of 40000. And they've sold 15000 tickets.... So, a punishment worse than useless!

This is mostly the Football governing bodies fault, They don't treat it seriously, Be harsher or it'll continue or simply don't let fans in the stadium simple as.

Genuinely don’t know the rules in Bulgaria , but were that bunch of idiots not going the bar for half time like?

Part of me thinks part of the issue of racism in football is the polite approach to it

Step one, ask them to stop.

How about if you are racist then something actually happens. Sounds to me the first step is please stop being racist towards the players.

How about each time they do it , a goal is awarded to the other team? Or their team loses a player or something extreme like that for starters. See how many fans will be racist if it costs their team the game every time they do it?
Unfortunately, I doubt we will any time soon ever rid of the world of racism, let alone football, as it's still an abhorrent part of the wider human psyche.

Far too many people are fearful of differences and this, alongside poor education, are the fuel; as we can see, in many countries it's far worse than here in the UK.

Nevertheless, we should just take a firm, robust stance and stamp it out as much as possible. An instance of racism? Take a team and ban them indefinitely.

Next team to do it, give them the same ban and then ban all their domestic teams from European competitions, indefinitely. Punish them until they bloody learn!

Yes it may punish the majority of fans when in reality it is mainly a minority, but I think it's time to force people to stand up to racism in their communities.

This system is dreadful. Just encourages racist chanting if anything so losing teams can get the team abandoned. Joke

Yeah, I don't like the idea of abandoning a game, because it can be manipulated. Just empty the stadium, all the home fans at least, and finish the game behind closed doors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back