Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
City would cruise to the title if they were smart enough to buy backup CBs. Performance wise they're far and away the best team but occasionally they give away stupid goals because the guys playing back there are not supposed to be and that is really all that has stopped them.

That's Pep in a nutshell though. He's one of the best managers around but he definitely loves the smell of his own farts.

Leicester look a very good side now, definitely a top four prospect even if I don't think anything like title challengers.

They looked good before that Southampton result. Statistics and doubts cited over whether this will be maintained aren't too relevant when wins bring more confidence bring more chances bring more wins bring more confidence etc....

Rodgers is proving he's a top quality coach and not just got lucky once with Suarez.

However just imagine

The comical irony of it all if the home fans chants of "You're getting sacked in the morning" aimed at Unai Emery turn out to be all too accurate but turn sour when Brendan Rodgers is secured as his replacement.

Leicester look a very good side now, definitely a top four prospect even if I don't think anything like title challengers.

They looked good before that Southampton result. Statistics and doubts cited over whether this will be maintained aren't too relevant when wins bring more confidence bring more chances bring more wins bring more confidence etc....

Rodgers is proving he's a top quality coach and not just got lucky once with Suarez.

However just imagine

The comical irony of it all if the home fans chants of "You're getting sacked in the morning" aimed at Unai Emery turn out to be all too accurate but turn sour when Brendan Rodgers is secured as his replacement.

Honestly don’t see why he’d go to Arsenal, they won’t invest heavily and the team needs a complete overhaul to compete at the top again

We should do the double. They're atrocious at the back. Just have to focus on bottling up Aubameyang because chances will come.

I think we´ve got a decent chance in the cup at home if they take their eye off the ball but with our injuries and form you expect us to do the double? You must be new to this Everton thing.

I think we´ve got a decent chance in the cup at home if they take their eye off the ball but with our injuries and form you expect us to do the double? You must be new to this Everton thing.
It's basically that I think Everton and Leicester are similar level teams with one team getting every break and the other none. It would be very unEverton for that to change but screw it I think it will.

It's basically that I think Everton and Leicester are similar level teams with one team getting every break and the other none. It would be very unEverton for that to change but screw it I think it will.

Love the optimism but it'll be such a tough ask at their place. A lot of backs to the wall defending with the players we will have available. Leicester are far from invincible but they're in such a better place than us right now.

Love the optimism but it'll be such a tough ask at their place. A lot of backs to the wall defending with the players we will have available. Leicester are far from invincible but they're in such a better place than us right now.
It's really down to how well our midfield competes and how big our balls are with putting them under pressure but I think we are capable.

Honestly don’t see why he’d go to Arsenal, they won’t invest heavily and the team needs a complete overhaul to compete at the top again

Maybe not but he has always moved to potentially become even better in the past.

Swansea's potential was always limited so went to Liverpool

Celtic's potential was always restricted because their domestic league or 'Sunday league as it's pejoratively known' is so desperately poor and insignificant while not even remotely competitive or challenging so he moved to the premier league where the best clubs and competition are.

Leicester aren't a huge club with massive support and famous history in England and European regulars like Arsenal who can attract big players even now.

Will he once again move for potential?

Perhaps it's like us with Koeman moving from Southampton to Everton when Saints recent form and finish the previous season to his moving was so much better than ours. It didn't work out this way but he moved to a club with more potential paying huge salaries and the ability to attract better players.

Arsenal's upper limit of potential achievement is far higher than Leicester's.

Leicester are considerably smaller than Arsenal in nearly every way.

Even if you rate the quality of players similar, I certainly wouldn’t regard the teams’ levels as similar. Leicester have a distinct approach that looks deliberate and well coached. Currently, that’s ahead of Everton. Also, Leicester don’t lack a goalscorer.

Even if you rate the quality of players similar, I certainly wouldn’t regard the teams’ levels as similar. Leicester have a distinct approach that looks deliberate and well coached. Currently, that’s ahead of Everton. Also, Leicester don’t lack a goalscorer.
Disagree. I think they have a style that is meh against teams that don't open up or go down to 10 men and looks a lot better than it really is because of a few good performances that people have seen. And then when they haven't performed they've won anyway. Which is really what I see as the main difference between the teams right now. That and they haven't been screwed by VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back