Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Wellington Phoenix played well...but finishing remains an issue. Attractive football though, and whilst I am a rugby bloke, ahead of other sports, I am enjoying very much the A League from down-under.

Chelsea losing at home to west ham the other week and now Bournemouth, not what we need
Lots of unrest at Chelsea now the bans gone maybe ?
Willian and Pedro running out of contract etc.

Pressure could come onto Lampard quite quickly in the next few weeks.

Just when you want Leicester to keep the pressure on ffs......Think a lot of English pundits have praised Lampard too early.
Football punditry exists in ‘the now’ and is entirely steered with recency bias. Judgement is rushed to and conclusions are reached. While Lampard has received kind reviews based on a small sample of games, he’ll now face the opposite based on another small sample. It’s flawed, obviously.

Totally off-topic, I had potato dauphinois (with sirloin and a wonderful salad) whilst watching the football. I used gruyere cheese...every mouthful was culinary nirvana. Watching a good game of sports (I was flicking between the togger and the Perth ambush of my cricket team), whilst eating a lovely meal and imbibing a fabulous cab sav, really is a great way to spend a Saturday night.

They did drop £70m on that Merican then loaned him to Germany or somewhere before the ban though.

Hes done alright so far, but hes not a Hazard replacement, im sure they knew Hazard was going, but losing a player like Hazard was always gonna hurt.

Doubt they will be able to replace him ever nevermind in the upcoming Winter window.

Wonder if hes still stinking it up at Real?

Hes done alright so far, but hes not a Hazard replacement, im sure they knew Hazard was going, but losing a player like Hazard was always gonna hurt.

Doubt they will be able to replace him ever nevermind in the upcoming Winter window.

Wonder if hes still stinking it up at Real?

He looked over-weight to me at the start of the season. Not seen a Madrid game lately but he’s defo off the pace massively

What happened to Hudson Odoi. Has he been injured ?

He looks a player from what I’ve seen. Or are they just not been playing him
Hudson reminds me of that Norwich player who was subbed on in our game vs them in Moyesiah’s last season with us. We were leading 1-0 (an Osman goal) and this bloke came on and ripped us to shreds...we lost 2-1

Everton that

Think people are forgetting that Chelsea lost their best player in the summer and couldnt replace him due to their transfer ban.

I'm sure they signed Pulisic thinking they'd get by. Still they're better equipped than most. Thought they'd cruise into the top 4 even with Lampard tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back