Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We walloped Chelsea on pure motivation. I think the main thing in management is being able to bottle that for every game. People like (sorry) klopp have it. I wonder why it’s so hard.

Really needs to be a complete overhaul of the referee in England. If they're not massively unfit (Moss) they're inept (Taylor) or simply unashamedly biased towards bigger teams.

Embarrassing that he originally gave that as a foul the other way. Shocking standard of refs we have.

Honestly the mind boggles how the FA can’t see that the issue with this league is the standard of refs. Every single week for as long as I can remember..... years; there has been a shocking decision that gets talked about more than the footy itself.

I feel really sorry for the kids, teenagers who love this sport, that hear and see the same tripe every week and think it’s the norm.

When I was a kid the ref barely got involved. Didn’t even know he was there half the time. Didn’t know his name, nothing.

With decisions like that why can't the ref just blow the whistle and ask VAR to check. Avoids making them look inept when they get the decisions so wrong initially.

VAR has so many problems because of the way we use it in this League but it's just saved Taylor from a truck load of negative press.

Honestly the mind boggles how the FA can’t see that the issue with this league is the standard of refs. Every single week for as long as I can remember..... years; there has been a shocking decision that gets talked about more than the footy itself.

I feel really sorry for the kids, teenagers who love this sport, that hear and see the same tripe every week and think it’s the norm.

When I was a kid the ref barely got involved. Didn’t even know he was there half the time. Didn’t know his name, nothing.
It’s genuinely bemusing. It also just makes question the legitimacy of every decision he makes from there on in. If he is blind enough to get that the wrong way, why should you trust any of his decisions. He’s just guessing. Hasn’t got a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back