Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I think he’s put you on ‘ignore’
I haven't actually.....I am just not giving him a response to an accusation which is totally untrue, and in my view uncalled for. If he wants to resort to personal abuse, then that is his right. I disagree with his original point but did not expect such a vitriolic reply. I will happily discuss with him his POV (on anti semitism in the LP) but did not feel that it was the right thread to do so. To use my family as a weapon against me is very ignorant from someone who doesn't know me at all.

Anyway...keep going with your posts...the humour and your take on life in general resonates with me.....Happy Xmas to you

I haven't actually.....I am just not giving him a response to an accusation which is totally untrue, and in my view uncalled for. If he wants to resort to personal abuse, then that is his right. I disagree with his original point but did not expect such a vitriolic reply. I will happily discuss with him his POV (on anti semitism in the LP) but did not feel that it was the right thread to do so. To use my family as a weapon against me is very ignorant from someone who doesn't know me at all.

Anyway...keep going with your posts...the humour and your take on life in general resonates with me.....Happy Xmas to you
...and to you mate

In England, a lot of people, particularly football fans, like to stereotype people from Liverpool as being a lowlife, workshy race of semi literate savages.

This city was an unemployment blackspot for years after we bore the brunt of Thatcher’s assault on the working people in the north of England.

In English terms “sign on” means to register for unemployment benefit......so they sing “sign on , sign on, with hope in yer ‘eart and you’ll never get a job”......which of course is doubly insulting to Evertonians :mad:

They sing another song about us “In your Liverpool homes, you search in the dustbin for something to eat” and that leads on to the “Feed the Scousers” thing, which of course compares us to starving people in a famine plagued African country in the 1980s.

And Mr. Gary Neville, currently being lauded as the moral conscience of anti racism in English football, has always been at the epicentre of this anti Scouse sentiment :)
I can only speak for myself, but I'm not arsed in the slightest what gets sung by Mancs at us.

I see some Chelsea fans reported one of their own fans for racially abusing Son at the weekend and the person in question has been arrested.

Fair play

I see some Chelsea fans reported one of their own fans for racially abusing Son at the weekend and the person in question has been arrested.

Fair play
Amazed they haven't got the fisheye HD cctv cameras.. or.. if they have the fan is bang in trouble.

Why is that?

He has been one of their best players for years.
I think opposing fans remember him because he's recognizable and he scores a lot of memorable goals, but week to week his end product tends to be a bit hit and miss. That's my understanding of it at least. It's tough when you're the other side of Hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back