Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
VAR correct to award the penalty (Michael Keane vs Burnley precedent).

VAR right to give re-take.

Can't blame the referee for too much really, the penalty was very hard to award, however I think if he knows the rules as he should then he can, along with the linesman, figure out that the player who encroached benefited by being able to clear the ball, hence re-take.

On the second penalty I can confirm that the City players shoulder was in the area before the kick was taken.

Therefore, it should have been retaken. That it wasn't just confirms that VAR only favours the big teams.

VAR correct to award the penalty (Michael Keane vs Burnley precedent).

VAR right to give re-take.

Can't blame the referee for too much really, the penalty was very hard to award, however I think if he knows the rules as he should then he can, along with the linesman, figure out that the player who encroached benefited by being able to clear the ball, hence re-take.
They said the Keane one was wrong though subsequently.

I'm in favor of the rule being changed to make the penalty a one off shot. Either score or it is a goal kick. I don't like Sterling being able to tap in his miss.

Everton were that winning team v Blackburn in 2006 if i am right,3rd pick Turner sent off on debut,with Ruddy i think who was 4th pick at the time also making his debut but not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back