Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snobbish remark that lad...get real. Sheff U have done well...table doesn't lie.

Team of plumbers - the likes of them, Newcastle, Burnley are just the modern versions of Stokelona hoofing around with the odd decent passer.

They'll be dumped out the qualifiers and have wasted a good european spot should they get in same as Burnley 2 seasons ago.

It’s about having a good team mate, not having one or two good players

I agree they fully deserve to be where they are - but it makes a mockery of the supposed best league in the world when these types of sides are above teams with genuine quality players in it like Arsenal, Spurs, ourselves (to an extent) etc.

Moyes knows a player when he see's one.

Sounds daft but I think he should hang up managing which he is past it at and become a scout/DOF - think he would be good he certainly has an eye for a player more than your Walsh/Brands type DOF.
DOF's that worked for clubs that won league titles? Signed players that individually sold for more than any of Moyes's signings? Those DOF's? I'm a fan of Moyes, he's a good bloke, but we can't compare with these two people.

Team of plumbers - the likes of them, Newcastle, Burnley are just the modern versions of Stokelona hoofing around with the odd decent passer.

They'll be dumped out the qualifiers and have wasted a good european spot should they get in same as Burnley 2 seasons ago.
Nonsense. Sheffield have coherent recruitment, a solid game plan, a good manager and don't play anywhere near the kind of football the likes of Stoke did.

DOF's that worked for clubs that won league titles? Signed players that individually sold for more than any of Moyes's signings? Those DOF's? I'm a fan of Moyes, he's a good bloke, but we can't compare with these two people.

Moyes:

Fellaini
Negredo
Moutinho
Arteta
Baines
Jagielka
Lescott
Distin
Cahill
Howard

Just some of the players he signed/tried signing when at us.

Miles more successes there including the prices paid than Walsh/Brands imo who have signed about 2 good players each for us.

I would trust him 100% more than the current fella.

Nonsense. Sheffield have coherent recruitment, a solid game plan, a good manager and don't play anywhere near the kind of football the likes of Stoke did.

I just think they are largely a squad full of plumbers mate - just that they work hard and tackle/put themselves about like old school sunday league players do which modern pansy players at the top clubs struggle to keep up with.

Ultimately its the same phsyical strengths that Burnley play too albeit slightly less direct.

I agree they fully deserve to be where they are - but it makes a mockery of the supposed best league in the world when these types of sides are above teams with genuine quality players in it like Arsenal, Spurs, ourselves (to an extent) etc.
Is it the best league in the world though? It can be an exciting league but just my opinion, not always the best quality. You only have to look at our last two games to see the lack of quality.

Reading some recent posts in here has me shaking my head bemusedly. Maybe some folk view their togger through a bluer lens than me, but we support a very mediocre team and calls toward us ‘deserving’ European footie ahead of the likes of Sheffield, are, in my opinion, laughable

Is it the best league in the world though? It can be an exciting league but just my opinion, not always the best quality. You only have to look at our last two games to see the lack of quality.

Yeah I think its the most competitive but not the best quality like compared to years gone by.

I think teams like Burnley/Sheff Utd have shown if you have alehouse players who have a bit of grit and put themselves about alot of teams in the league are not upto the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back