Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really really hating football right now.

Can't stand PSG, come to think of it there isn't any French club I hold in high regard.
Football can be so cruel. Where is the romance in PSG winning that tie? In injury time, argh!!
Tbf to PSG, they were the better side and should have been out of sight if not for some pedestrian finishing. They were a threat constantly and got rewarded for their efforts.

More bullets from the FA to kill off the lower leagues entirely - fixture congestion my eye, scrap the terrible international friendlies before any cup replays.

Said it before but the FA/PL will slowly drive away fans from clubs outside the top 6. Their obsession with having those 6 clubs at the heart of everything will ultimately be their downfall when the average joe sacks it off.

FFP/VAR is already got me less interested- add in no fans in the stadiums and I'll likely end up missing a few of our opening fixtures.

Anybody who doesn't rate Neymar is a fool
As good as Bayern are, and as good as Messi is, for me PSG win it as long as they’ve got Neymar and Mbappe on the field. Not to mention Verratti possibly regaining fitness and Di Maria back from suspension.

Reckon the exact same thing would happen in lots of leagues unfortunately, including the premier league.
Kneeling during the anthem in the US is a big thing, and it's really hurting the NFL. I don't agree with the kneeling for several reasons, but I don't think I'd go so far as to boo it though. However, if people want to boo, they're well within their rights to do so.

No chance. They're trash.
But they’re not though are they?

Yesterday with 3 defensive mids and Icardi and Sarabia stood around doing nothing they were poor outside of Neymar but a team with him, Mbappe, Di Maria and Verratti most definitely have a chance.

But they’re not though are they?

Yesterday with 3 defensive mids and Icardi and Sarabia stood around doing nothing they were poor outside of Neymar but a team with him, Mbappe, Di Maria and Verratti most definitely have a chance.

People have different versions of "Trash" so perhaps he was comparing them to the European big fish?
I dont think they're at all trash and think they would easily finish top 4 in the premier league.

I thought I must have misheard, but no. An astonishing bit of trivia about Stokes relegation squad from a few years ago.

Richard Jolly, the master of football trivia, wrote on Twitter: "If Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting plays in the next round, it will mean the relegated Stoke squad of 2017-18 had players who played in the 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019 & 2020 Champions League semi-finals."

He provided the list in full too.

That's: 2005 Johnson 2007 Crouch 2008 Fletcher 2009 Fletcher 2010 Bojan 2011 Fletcher 2013 Shaqiri 2015 Jese 2016 Jese 2019 Shaqiri 2020 Choupo-Moting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back