• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha haha omg they just made a big statement about what patrice said after he was talking about United.

madness

Its a BS rule and I'd rather it not be there.

As far as i'm aware the rule change actually favours keepers because before they had to have part of both feet on or behind the line, now they only have to have part of one foot on or above the line. Not much help but slightly better than it was.

Or are you just referring to it being VAR'd for being just an inch of his line? But thats always been the way, if a keeper was off his line when it was taken, especially if it was saved then it was retaken.

Harsh of course but its the same as offsides, if you're off, you're off, there's no grey area when VAR watches it.

Unlike handball, i don't know whether there's been a directive issued to refs in the PL that any contact with the arm that isn't tucked in close to the body is deemed as "unnaturally bigger" but it's probably IFAB saying so cause they are clueless, your arm is not making your body unnaturally bigger like that when your running.

Its got nothing to do with "the new rule" (and i'm sick of hearing people say that like Souness repeatedly did without actually explaining how and why, the new law changes don't make that any more of a foul than the old ones did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back