• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ndombele is way too far forward.

He should be deeper next to Hojbjerg and a playmaker in front of them. They dont seem to know how to pick up runners.

Doherty looks like hes no idea how to play full back.

Hoping Southampton can get back in front. Happy with a draw here though :)

Gabriel / Mari / Soares / Willian

Some pretty chunky wages in there...

Whats the rumoured fee for Partey?
Set at £45m release clause.
Apparently personal terms been agreed with his agents, same with Aouar. So if we can sell some players and trigger the release clause, should be a quick transfer.
Just need someone to pay for our dead wood, but wages and Covid are making that very difficult atm.

Spurs have looked poor again, wonder if Levy will sack Mourinho early or give him time?

Hes got Doherty + Hojbjerg + Reguilon in for Mourinho...Bale could be driven by either of them.

My guess is that Mourinho has until Bale is fit and then Levy will see how the team is playing.

The fixture congestion with europa is ideal for us really...no doubt spurs will be aiming for top 6 but if we manage to build up a lead while their new players adapt then with fatigue as well...

Newcastle + United in the league next...

Hes got Doherty + Hojbjerg + Reguilon in for Mourinho...Bale could be driven by either of them.

My guess is that Mourinho has until Bale is fit and then Levy will see how the team is playing.

The fixture congestion with europa is ideal for us really...no doubt spurs will be aiming for top 6 but if we manage to build up a lead while their new players adapt then with fatigue as well...

Newcastle + United in the league next...
Also got bergwiyn and Fernandes in January

Set at £45m release clause.
Apparently personal terms been agreed with his agents, same with Aouar. So if we can sell some players and trigger the release clause, should be a quick transfer.
Just need someone to pay for our dead wood, but wages and Covid are making that very difficult atm.

Aouar is top class...Spurs have missed a trick not signing him to play with Ndombele.

Surely youre not after both him and Partey? Thats circa £100mil :o

Also got bergwiyn and Fernandes in January

Those 2 + hojbjerg, doherty and reguilon are all 'good value' signings.

All at the right ages. They will be putting some noses out of joint in the squad i imagine.

Hopefully Bale comes in and puts Kane off staying

Didn't Dier grow up in Portugal?

It was a Portuguese side that loaned him to our U23 side to put in the shop window.
Yeah looks like it

were either of his parents portugese? If not I presume he went to an international school and still had to learn it as a second language which is still impressive

I learnt french in school as a second language and am only semi competent at it

Yeah looks like it

were either of his parents portugese? If not I presume he went to an international school and still had to learn it as a second language which is still impressive

I learnt french in school as a second language and am only semi competent at it
Living in Portugal, playing football at a club speaking Portuguese helped a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back