Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
just saw this. Last season I would say so, because we had pretty much no one else to really contribute. It also didn't help that our main big money striker last year was done for the season on Jan 1 and our other strikers didn't contribute a lot.

I think that this year it's a little more harsh Traore & Watkins have come in and we look much better up top. El Ghazi has also come in and been very clinical, like today. And how solid defensively we've been after bringing in Cash & Emi can't be understated. We can play more like we did just now, scoring and then being defensively superb.
Don't worry mate....the poster to whom you responded thought Calvert Lewin was just having a purple patch when he started banging them in for fun.

It’s been a common theme; a team looking likely to go down, only to somehow survive, later to go out all guns blazing the season after.

Leicester, Fulham and most recently Villa come to mind. This season’s Fulham if they stay up, won’t stay up next season however.

Absolute baller of a player.

Sickens me how we lumped £27 million at Arsenal for Iwobi when you have the likes of Wilf, Eze, Saint Maximim, Raphina, Neto etc flying down the wings for mid table outfits.
That Podence was class when he was fit too in fairness. I just hope if we decided to spend big in the summer we don’t spend a stupid amount on an absolute gamble again

This Fulham team remind me of the one Roy Hodgson managed; crap for most of the season, only to suddenly put together a late string of wins while one club keeps up their sudden slump. That team goes down and Fulham somehow survive.

I remember that year.

Diomansy Kamara - who barely did a two for them, all of a sudden turned into some Hybrid of Maradona/Cruyff and started bagging for fun, including a solo goal, against a decent city side, to win 3-2 after being 2-0 down.

Then they went to the Europa league final the season after too, didn’t they? With Erik Nevland, Simon Davies etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back