Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't see Jesus leaving as well. I cant think of who it might be, but they must have someone lined up.

I'm not sure it will be any of the obvious ones like Haaland or Kane though
I have them as favourites for landing Haaland, following in his father's footsteps and all that.

Kane will rock up at Manchester United in a couple of years with sticky tape holding his ankles on.

Aguero was a better striker than Alan Shearer, change my mind.

Not even knocking Shearer that either.

Aguero is that good. Shearer was excellent, especially when the Premier league was more physical, probably because he was a dirty buggar.

But Aguero was just majestic, I think people lose sight of some of the things he did. 5 goals in 20 minutes, etc... getting clogged has just caught up with him, but what a player.

Sad if ends this way.

What a player, best player in the Orem of the past 12 years or so, or at least there about.

Years of being targeted did a number on his knees. Should be remembered as a City legend for me.
A City legend in every sense of the word. If there was ever a big game player to get you a goal when you really needed it - then he was the go to guy. He had ice in his veins.
I remember when he made his debut for City he came on as a sub (against Swansea I think) with about 10 minutes to go. He scored (could have had another) and made an assist. He was absolutely electric! We new immediately that this guy was something very, very special. His best goal for me was not the QPR winner to seal the title but the goal he scored against Liverpool at the Etihad when we pipped them to the title. He lashed a left foot shot into the back of the net in an absolute instance. Beating their keeper at the near post. The ball dropped to him and within a split second it was in the back of the net. That set us up to win the game and hence the title and also did the world of football an immense favour. It meant we beat Liverpool and that stopped them that season from being the new Invincibles. As we know, that would have been unbearable for all of us in perpetuity.
I'm glad he has made this call. It's best for him and the club. His time as come as it eventually does with all players but hopefully, he's going out with another PL title medal in his back pocket and maybe even more. And a really nice guy to boot. He was woefully unappreciated by the red shirt biased media and should have won far more accolades than he actually did. It will be a sad day for City when he finally plays his last game - probably against Everton!

Im surprised the likes of Barca and Real never went after him, city fans got him for his entire peak the lucky sods
Real Madrid was never really an option as we got him from Atletico. We were very lucky indeed and he came before we started to win trophies so he took a bit of gamble in a lot of ways.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back