Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
when Everton fans have to cheer on Newcastle today but know that if Newcastle get a result then they probably won't get relegated this season

tenor.gif

While Wilder had lost the dressing room and perhaps wasn't the best long-term job, their treatment of him and questionable replacement says everything.

I don't mind Sheffield United but I simply can't see them coming back soon as they've bought poorly and their squad isn't really dynamic.

It could be quite bad for them if he doesn't back them.
Yeah, nothing against them as a club, but the chairman looks like an absolute chancer; wasn't there something dodgy about how he acquired them?

That is all probably true, but what annoys me is that a poor Arsenal can win the FA Cup and get to the latter stages of the Europa league whilst some of the best premier league versions of Everton struggle to qualify. Even with the way they’ve been this season, if they were on it when they played us they’d rip us a new one. They’re just a reminder of the size of the gap between us and the top and how far we truly have fallen that the whipping boys of the top 6 in their worst season are having one we’d all probably rip our arms off to swap for.
Catcher is right when he talks about big club mentality. its also the mentality of some teams who come up against them, playing for a draw and getting picked off etc. Factor in the refs general bias towards the so called bigger clubs across a full season. Small margins make big differences.

Catcher is right when he talks about big club mentality. its also the mentality of some teams who come up against them, playing for a draw and getting picked off etc. Factor in the refs general bias towards the so called bigger clubs across a full season. Small margins make big differences.
Early 2000's I was living in Valencia, this was about the time McManaman was playing for Real Madrid and there was one tv show (of thousands) that covered them that stuck with me. Each person, from top to bottom spoke about the culture of the club expecting success and demanding accountability.

Salgado said that on the day he signed from Celta Vigo he was given a handbook by the club's president, possibly di Stefano, which he glanced through and promptly forgot about. He was quizzed a few days later about this book, quickly found out that he hadn't read it and was given a dressing down in front of the whole squad.

That culture, the relentlessness of them as a team is something I respect rather than like, but it was the epitome of big club mentality.

Agreed. There is a disparity between the squads though. They can put a forward line of Aubameyang, Lacazette, Pepe. In reserve they could field Saka Nketiah Willian. Then they still have top young strikers like Martinelli Balogun in reserve. We would kill for attacking depth like that.

Even in attacking mid they could move Ozil on because they had Smith Rowe Odegaard Ceballos. We have James and that’s it.

Been a little surprised to see many "Experts" saying a Toon win today [could happen off course], I half think chelsea will still get 4th

but next week will tell as its west ham v chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back