Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
now, now, be fair

Roman is Metal and Corruption, not Oil

same Sh1t, different barrel though
Beg to differ, Sibneft was Abramovich. He was sold it "under the table" by Yeltsin for something like $100m despite an estimated worth of $600m.

He sold Sibneft a decade later for $13.1 billion, still Russia's largest ever corporate takeover, Sibneft became a Gazprom subsidiary.

At the start of last season most people expected Sheff Utd to be relegated so this one should maybe just be seen as a bonus year in the Premier League.

A nice fat parachute payment coming their way should help them keep the squad together and fight for promotion back to the Prem next season. Lets be honest, unlike their neighbours they've a real chance of playing Premier League football again in the near future.

At the start of last season most people expected Sheff Utd to be relegated so this one should maybe just be seen as a bonus year in the Premier League.

A nice fat parachute payment coming their way should help them keep the squad together and fight for promotion back to the Prem next season. Lets be honest, unlike their neighbours they've a real chance of playing Premier League football again in the near future.
Nah.

They are gash mate.

That result buys Tuchel a bit more time.

This is such a great commentary on Abramovich's history of firing managers that didn't win the league at the end of the season. Sure, say di Matteo, but what did the European Cup buy him? Ten games? (Yes, he needed to go. Still funny though.)

The second Tuchel is well out of the CL places next season, he is gone. If he stays in the CL places, he gets until season end. Gone unless he lifts the European Cup or whatever nonsense sponsorship name they're putting on the league trophy. FA Cup, you say? Gone.

It's a measure of how much Abramovich likes and respects Lampard that he didn't axe him as normal. The only other guy I can recall getting that kind of consideration off the top of my head is Mourinho.

Ings showed last season that if he stays fit he slots in big numbers, this season hes shown how injured he is.

Belotti has scored goals in 1 season.

I get it, you don't think DCL is clinical, hes not, but IMO hes a better option than Ings and Belotti.

Not sure why you mention Tosun, hes a stain on this football club.

For me its not a case of replacing DCL next season (I think he's been excellent).....its having another quality option...

we need two strikers we can either rotate over the long season, fill in when one is injured, or in some games against the weaker teams play both...
Richie has shown he can't replace DCL when he's out...

I still don't get the decision to not replace Kean last summer....and i do understand its probably the toughest position to recruit for, but how has Brands not identified a good young striker other than Kean somewhere out there...

We've missed out on Top 4 this season because of this

Looks like another season with Newcastle aka “The turd that won’t flush FC” for another season then.....

At least when Villa were like this, they still had a good history of trophies behind them. With this lot, they will forever be remembered as the 12 point bottlers. That stupid club badge with two seahorses humping a shield always gets my goat.

I cannot believe we helped them out along the way by losing twice.

The podcasts I listen to all say the same thing, Chelsea are prepared to take the hit on Werner and will go big for Haaland.

The thinking goes something like this, Real are the favourites but probably can't get the finances together, Man City have been consistent in not wanting the player; at least on the terms proposed, Man Utd aren't in the running, nobody else can do the money.

I don't think Haaland moves this summer, but Chelsea are in the hunt for sure.
Real Madrid are in for MBappe. A lot of people over here saying it's practically a done deal. They won't be signing both.

Real Madrid are in for MBappe. A lot of people over here saying it's practically a done deal. They won't be signing both.
I think if two different British teams sign Halland and Harry Kane then those two will fight out the title next year. They are that good and will improve any team massively.
Halland to Chelsea and Kane to Man U, then throw in Man City, the rest are fighting for 4th, if it happens

I was out last night on the razz and didn't see the score until now. GITFUY you human rights abusing, sportswashing twunts!

At least when Villa were like this, they still had a good history of trophies behind them. With this lot, they will forever be remembered as the 12 point bottlers. That stupid club badge with two seahorses humping a shield always gets my goat.

And I thought they were always going to be remembered for the drunken private in the Toon Army that punched a police horse.

Love the description of the badge.

One wonders how they plan to raise the transfer fee. I suppose that the banks will tolerate the cash flow consequences of adding Mbappe's new wages, seeing how Bale's come off in twelve months, and that PSG is one of the few clubs out there that would accept an installment plan of sufficient value on the transfer fee.

Your're undoubtedly correct that the banks aren't going to help them acquire a second Galactico, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back