Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be fuming if we were crap like but from a fan experience our position of being too good to ever go down but too good to ever achieve anything is boring for me.

My mates a Villa fan and took his lad to Wembley for their play offs in the Championship and had a boss day out in the final and will cherish those memories with his lad regardless of how big a club Villa are historically.

Thats ultimately what football is about for me not telly clappers made up with a 10th place finish every season with no memories to ever truly recount. Everton are very boring these days if we ever went down I would happily still go the games would actually be an excitement of new away days and hopes of coming back up.

With us at present from fixture 1 of the season you know its 8th at best and nothing to show for 38 games of emotion - depressing.

mate you depress me you know at times lol

The hype surrounding the PL makes it seem as though there is no football outside of the big 6. The best season we had when we went bust under Bates was the - 15 season. 3rd division football gates of 25000 teams like Yeovil , Hartlepool Swansea would fill their away allocations for a day out. Every match was like a cup final. Also watch the odd Notts County games and the best set of away fans I have seen were Stockport County . 800 for a night match never stopped singing and dancing. 5000 for a Division 5 game. That for me is why the ESL was a total non starter.

Spot on mate - dont get me wrong I would be gutted if we ever got relegated but a part of me would actually be excited for something new, boss away days at proper grounds, big fight for the top spot - more interesting than the great race for the 8th place trophy every season watching our overpaid cowards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back