Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a left sided player but that’s where Pulisic plays. I’d have Adams, McKennie & Reyna. Pulisic, Dike & whoever else up top.
I think Aaronsen and Pulisic could play wide and just flip sides as they feel it is needed. Next is probably Weah who is fine too I guess.

Not necessary but helps balance. Probs strongest US squad I’ve ever seen anyway. Wonder why Chris Richards isn’t in the squad?
Good question that I haven't looked in to.

Without a doubt strongest squad we've had. It's crazy how quick it has turned around too. The teams they were putting out that missed the World Cup did so partially because they were not very good even with the questionable management.

Good question that I haven't looked in to.

Without a doubt strongest squad we've had. It's crazy how quick it has turned around too. The teams they were putting out that missed the World Cup did so partially because they were not very good even with the questionable management.

Need to see how it’s managed. No Dike in there too. Glad to see my boy Reggie getting some minutes; love him.

Need to see how it’s managed. No Dike in there too. Glad to see my boy Reggie getting some minutes; love him.
Dike and the Jordan lad from Young Boys are similar players so I get only having one. I think in time Sargent ends up odd man out unless he can start scoring goals. He does a lot but strikers have to score.

Dike and the Jordan lad from Young Boys are similar players so I get only having one. I think in time Sargent ends up odd man out unless he can start scoring goals. He does a lot but strikers have to score.

I don’t really rate Sargent very highly tbh. Burst on the scene but hasn’t done much. Just got relegated too. Hoppe might overtake him.

I think Aaronsen and Pulisic could play wide and just flip sides as they feel it is needed. Next is probably Weah who is fine too I guess.
Went to the games last night out in Denver. Few general takeaways.

1. US lacked any sense of urgency, had no ideas, and the movement/passing represented peak Everton sideways ball. It was brutal to watch us play.
2. Honduras should legit be embarrassed for how they acted. 8 separate times their players faked injuries to the point of stretchers being waved on. They were time wasting from the get go. FIFA needs to finally fix this.
3. Stoppage time was so poorly managed. One minute in the first half and five in the second was nowhere near enough. Should’ve been about three first half and 10 second half.
4. Aaronson on should start against Mexico. He actually tried to get us up the pitch once he came on.
5. Berhalter has the most talent we’ve ever had and he doesn’t know what to do with it. Totally devoid of any ideas and waited too long to change it.
6. If we play like we did yesterday against Mexico, we’ll get destroyed. Both they and Costa Rica looked streets ahead of us. Worrying for WC qualifying.

Went to the games last night out in Denver. Few general takeaways.

1. US lacked any sense of urgency, had no ideas, and the movement/passing represented peak Everton sideways ball. It was brutal to watch us play.
2. Honduras should legit be embarrassed for how they acted. 8 separate times their players faked injuries to the point of stretchers being waved on. They were time wasting from the get go. FIFA needs to finally fix this.
3. Stoppage time was so poorly managed. One minute in the first half and five in the second was nowhere near enough. Should’ve been about three first half and 10 second half.
4. Aaronson on should start against Mexico. He actually tried to get us up the pitch once he came on.
5. Berhalter has the most talent we’ve ever had and he doesn’t know what to do with it. Totally devoid of any ideas and waited too long to change it.
6. If we play like we did yesterday against Mexico, we’ll get destroyed. Both they and Costa Rica looked streets ahead of us. Worrying for WC qualifying.
The thing with Berhalter for me is he's out here trying to run a complex system and you can't do that in internationals because you don't have time. I hope Adams can play because Yueill is embarrassingly far from standard.

The thing with Berhalter for me is he's out here trying to run a complex system and you can't do that in internationals because you don't have time. I hope Adams can play because Yueill is embarrassingly far from standard.
You couldn’t even tell what the system was last night. No one knew what to do. And yeah, Yueil was very not up to it. Bradley would’ve been better. Really need Adams fit against the better teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back