Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
To add to this, it doesn't help Guardiola isn't committed.

I said him being off at the end of the season would be a contributory factor to their continued fall - someone on here told me he signed a new deal, but apparently his future is still very much in the air;

City should move on now and grab Pochettino before United do...

Klopp is getting the better of Pep on the pitch and in the transfer market..

City not a patch on the team of 3-4 years ago now....Silva, Kompany, Fernandinho, Toure, a fit Aguero...plenty of average players there now, and it does look a bit flat there

Yeah perhaps harsh but what I meant is he's not brought in/improved the squad.

Losing the likes of Kompany without a replacement and even Sane, Silva etc.

IMO City have progressively got worse each season in the past 3.
Their best transfer business was done under Mancini. His old guard remained the backbone of the side, even during Guardiola's initial success.

City played badly, were missing Aguero, had a ludicrous penalty given against them, missed a penalty, against a Liverpool team supposedly in top form, and Liverpool dropped points. That doesn’t bode well for them moving forward. They’re not the team they were last season.

Poch would work wonders with these players. Peps pressing style has been non existent recently, lots of possession Martinez football but going nowhere.

His signings are meh

I don't think Jesus meant that touch, he miscontrols it in my opinion but all the pundits saying its world class n showing Bergkamps vs Newcastle as if its similar. If that was a West Brom or Burnley striker they'd just say got lucky with the touch but good finish.

Anyway Jesus missed a free header the dope

Best two teams in Premier League history my arse! Just shows how rubbish the league is at the moment. Player standards are definitely down across the board.

It's an attritional season. These players are playing every 3 days for their clubs and then they have to go off and play another 3 games for their international teams. They were both exhausted second half.

It's an opportunity for teams with easier schedules to take advantage (yet we go and blow the last three games).

Klopp making some sense on 5 Live there.

Making the point about the schedules for players, he didnt actually moan about just his club. Referenced United and Spurs both having long European travels, then playing at early kick offs.

Pretty sure we have actually had 3 since boxing day 2018 [away at Burnley when Sig scored in that 5-1 win] unless that is all comps

Home v chelsea march 2019-sig missed scored rebound
Home v Leicester June/July 2020
At Palace in september
found a page now with all pens for and against lol Everton had 8 pens since 18th december 2017

scored
2020-21​
Sat​
Sep​
26​
2020​
Richarlison

C Palace​
Everton​
Prem​
Selhurst Pk​

V Guaita​

scored
2019-20​
Wed​
Jul​
1​
2020​
G Sigurdsson

Everton​
Leicester​
Prem​
Goodison Pk​

K Schmeichel​

saved/rebound scored
2018-19​
Sun​
Mar​
17​
2019​
G Sigurdsson*
(saved)​

Everton​
Chelsea​
Prem​
Goodison Pk​

K Arrizabalaga​

Scored
2018-19​
Wed​
Dec​
26​
2018​
G Sigurdsson

Burnley​
Everton​
Prem​
Turf Moor​

J Hart​

2018-19​
Mon​
Dec​
10​
2018​
G Sigurdsson
(saved)​

Everton​
Watford​
Prem​
Goodison Pk​

B Foster​

scored
2018-19​
Sun​
Oct​
28​
2018​
G Sigurdsson​

Man Utd​
Everton​
Prem​
Old Trafford​

D De Gea​

2018-19​
Sat​
Sep​
29​
2018​
G Sigurdsson
(hit bar)​

Everton​
Fulham​
Prem​
Goodison Pk​

M Bettinell​

2017-18​
Sat​
Mar​
10​
2018​
W Rooney
(saved)​

Everton​
Brighton​
Prem​
Goodison Pk​

M Ryan

It's an attritional season. These players are playing every 3 days for their clubs and then they have to go off and play another 3 games for their international teams. They were both exhausted second half.

It's an opportunity for teams with easier schedules to take advantage (yet we go and blow the last three games).
Young athletes can’t manage 2 x90 minute sessions in a week, really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back