Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kin'el.

Derby are in a right old mess by all accounts. Could be in administration pretty soon is seems. They cant give the club away its so bad.

Burnley already on the beach with the rs still to play - who'd have thunk it?

God help us that were relying on bisto tits and crusty woy to stop them.

Anyway, screw them, just beat sheff utd and wolfyhamptom please bloos FFS.
Burnley's next game v RS will have their fans back in so a night game at Turf Moor and a four day rest in between plus they haven't won at home all year.

Stars aligning?

The Welsh Premiere League trophy, won by Connah's Quay. lol

E1bkknfWYAIlO58

Great pic. They have really been successful under the managership of former Tangerine madman Andy Morrison who has broken the dominance of the New Saints in the Welsh Premier League since coming to the club some years ago. Wasn't convinced his gnarly confrontational personality was suited to management but he is doing well at this level anyway

1621086813248.webp

Great pic. They have really been successful under the managership of former Tangerine madman Andy Morrison who has broken the dominance of the New Saints in the Welsh Premier League since coming to the club some years ago. Wasn't convinced his gnarly confrontational personality was suited to management but he is doing well at this level anyway

View attachment 127263
Love Andy Morrisson a true Man City legend.
Met him a few times and he really is a scary guy but
in a nice way - if that makes sense? Probably doesn't. :hayee:

View attachment 127263
Read his book also. Certainly worth a read for sure!

Capture.webp

Burnley already on the beach with the rs still to play - who'd have thunk it?

This is becoming a massive issue every year now. I know after the super league debacle people want to leave things alone, but I really wouldn’t be averse to some restructuring of the league rules in order to limit the number of teams who are on the beach by March. It compromises the spirit and integrity of the game when too many sides reach a points tally then just slack off. It’s even worse when you have a season where from day 1 everyone one of us could tell who was going to get relegated.

Let’s face it, it’s mostly the same teams every year in 15th-20th. The likes of Brighton, Newcastle, Burnley etc. Let them play each other in some relegation playoffs. At least it’ll add a bit of excitement to the bottom of the table and keep these teams playing to the final day. Sky try and big up final day relegation battles and all the implications but it very rarely transpires that way.

I know some people don’t like ideas like this and will argue that teams have 38 games and can play how they want. If a team has enough points by game 30 then it just means they’ve done a good job. Personally I don’t agree with that as I want every game to matter. Would maybe cut down on boring stalemates as well.

W
I'm not saying this because I care but Leeds could still finish above us
We must ensure our brave lionhearts do not get wind of that. If they do, they might get an attack of performance pressure...and that is bad news from a results perspective!
When Everton teams feel under any pressure, they tend to crumble like very short pastry!

Last edited:

smart move would be to hire all of Leeds fitness and conditioning coaches
Not sure they could do the same job with Everton players. Our lads are prone to ‘downing tools’ if they are worked too hard..and I cannot see them being very happy at having to get very fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back