Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Some records that could be broken on Sunday.....

- Most defeats for the champions in a single season under the 20 team format if we beat Man City; Blackburn lost 7 in 1994/95, but back then the league had 22 teams.

- If Sheffield United fail to score in their final game, they will have broken Derby’s record from 2007/08 for least goals scored in a season.

- If Fulham also fail to do the same, they will have broken the record for least home goals scored in a season. Manchester City from 2006/07 and Huddersfield Town from 2018/19 both jointly hold this on 10.

- Not sure about this one, but we might be looking at the biggest gap between the final relegation place and the final place to survive. At the moment it sits on 11 between Burnley and Fulham.

- One already broken, and that’s the quickest time it’s taken for the bottom three to go down in Premier League history. Seeing how poor these three were, it wouldn’t surprise me if the possible record I noted above is currently true or becomes true on Sunday.

Conference League is Mickey Mouse. My lad read me out the teams who are in it so far.
Winning the Irish Cup gives you a place in it for starters. It reminds me of when the Andorran league winners could only qualify for the UEFA Cup for example.

Won’t be wasting my time watching it.

Great start to the Tranmere v Morecambe play off 1st leg
The Tranmere players wrapped in for the last manager because he asked them to put weights, gym equipment etc away after them and not to leave the changies in a tip with towels and crap everywhere.

Footballers are spoilt brats even at a lower level it would seem.

Guess there now playing for the new fella again.

The Tranmere players wrapped in for the last manager because he asked them to put weights, gym equipment etc away after them and not to leave the changies in a tip with towels and crap everywhere.

Footballers are spoilt brats even at a lower level it would seem.

Guess there now playing for the new fella again.

Rats. Hope Morecambe win

Eintracht Frankfurt getting turned over by Schalke in what is truly a spectacular end-of-season collapse
I have an admitted soft spot for Schalke04...
Ever since the 'Champions for 4 minutes' in 2001

They play in Blue and White, had a crumbling stadium, sponsored by a decent beer brand and I think that's the most 'Everton, that' moment I ever heard of from another footy club.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back