Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... and they [Bluemoon] really do scaremonger on their Covid thread. It’s a mixture of doom and gloom, optimism and scaremongering. When they do the latter, they do it well just like the doom and glooming.

James Vaughan retired at 32

Thought he was going to be class. Injuries were a shame.
Played through Rovers’ playoff semi with a knee injury, scoring in the second leg, but the surgery required seemingly is such that it would have made it near impossible to come back from, hence the retirement

You wouldn’t know there was an all English CL final happening tomorrow. I guess this is what the build up looks like when neither Liverpool or United are involved. The main stories in most news outlets being Liverpool might have agreed a new transfer, not much on the biggest game in European football about to occur. The media is a disgrace.

Of those that have been realistically and most persistently linked ( Lampard, Dyche; Howe) he would be my personal favourite. He has the ability to attract young players (if backed) and despite being sacked at Chelsea he had a 52% win ratio.
A recent fans poll I saw has a fairly even split between any the three mentioned above, keeping Hodgson and random others.
There have been suggestions of Scott Parker in recent days, another I wouldn’t mind. Dyche, for me would be a younger version of Hodgson ( so ok but dull) and Howe can get in the bin. Whoever it is they need properly backing and the work ( identifying who is going and their replacements) should have started months ago.
The sons partner family are all Palace STH and it’s the one game I get an away ticket for plus 2 days on the beer and free accommodation
They reckon no matter who they get it’ll be a rebuild around Zaha with young players. They don’t think any new manager will be given serious cash

You wouldn’t know there was an all English CL final happening tomorrow. I guess this is what the build up looks like when neither Liverpool or United are involved. The main stories in most news outlets being Liverpool might have agreed a new transfer, not much on the biggest game in European football about to occur. The media is a disgrace.

When the media are dominated by Liverpool fans, this is normal. Same with matches, TAA not getting a call up was like a scandal

It just seems like the media are in denial.
If we don't mention it it will go away type train of thought.
As you say they spend more time covering Liverpools next potential signing
or Ole's potential new contract. It's two English teams in the biggest
game in Europe. You would like to think they would celebrate that but its just the
opposite. Very strange but very predictable.

game in Europe. You would like to think they would celebrate that but its just the

If you spent a ton of money in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and the last twenty years including world record fees on multiple players in recent seasons then these are proper clubs who do things organically.

If you spend money in the last ten years to establish yourself but don’t actually spend anywhere near world record fees on players. Then you are oil clubs who have ruined the game with new money and it’s not a proper European final and the game is in disrepute,

If you spent a ton of money in the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, and the last twenty years including world record fees on multiple players in recent seasons then these are proper clubs who do things organically.

If you spend money in the last ten years to establish yourself but don’t actually spend anywhere near world record fees on players. Then you are oil clubs who have ruined the game with new money and it’s not a proper European final and the game is in disrepute,
We have said it before: There are only two clubs in this country that are allowed to have any sustainable success.
Leicester can win the rare title and the odd FA Cup etc but anything else is cheating and not allowed. Liverpool have the
media in their pocket and have done for some time. United are not far behind. Their success is celebrated anyone
else's success is tainted and tarnished and airbrushed out of history. They both wonder why the majority of real football
fans despise them? As so do the press. Liverpool spend a world record transfer fee on a player and it's great recruitment
and they are investing in the squad. Anyone else does it and its financial doping. Sad really.

Ouch

Spoiler- its just non playing staff and the board. The players told them to get lost.

The club desperately needed that super league. They'll be looking for a government bail-out again soon.

Home page of BBC Sport.

Dont get too paranoid.

James Vaughan retired at 32

Thought he was going to be class. Injuries were a shame.
I witnessed his first League goal :( but he went on to have a short but great loan spell at Palace c2010 where he banged in a few including a hat trick v Ipswich. We were skint otherwise we might have bought him but he left for Norwich. He had a great never say die attitude and without the injuries would have been some player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back