Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

This booing thing is bizarre, clearly even the stupidest of people aren't going to sit in the stands outing themselves as racists, yet social and football media are just settling on "must all be massive racists".

I feel like maybe a conversation needs to happen with the people booing? there's surely more to it?

This booing thing is bizarre, clearly even the stupidest of people aren't going to sit in the stands outing themselves as racists, yet social and football media are just settling on "must all be massive racists".

I feel like maybe a conversation needs to happen with the people booing? there's surely more to it?
Nah there isn’t mate. They’re horrible racists.

I feel like maybe a conversation needs to happen with the people booing? there's surely more to it.

There is, but with all things like this it's easier to just break down everything into 'black and white', pardon the pun, rather than discuss any nuance.

It deserves booing IMO, but this probably isn't the thread to discuss why.

On another note, this game is torrid. A very Southgate game.

That's the media default position though. We aren't allowed to have proper debate about anything nowadays so the real reasons will remain undiscovered (and unresolved) and default stereotypes applied instead.

I do have some sympathy for those that just want to go to a game to watch football

That's the media default position though. We aren't allowed to have proper debate about anything nowadays so the real reasons will remain undiscovered (and unresolved) and default stereotypes applied instead.

I do have some sympathy for those that just want to go to a game to watch football

The real reasons are obvious - it's a political symbol whether they'd like to rewrite the script and pretend it isn't, one which supports the people who want statues of Churchill torn down and tried to set fire to the British flag.

99.9% of the people booing have no problem with opposing racism; they simply disagree with the method because it has extra strings attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back