• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football - 2024/25 Season

Arsenal getting an early lesson here that the powers that be will not allow them to win the league this season.

Be interesting to see if the RS get any favourable treatment

You really think that would have been Veltman's natural kick if the ball didn't move? If you're going to get technical, Veltman also knocks the ball forward a few yards and it would have still been moving even if Rice didn't touch it.

I think you are talking about whether Veltman is genuinely going to take a quick free kick and if the kick he followed through on was intentionally meant to hit Rice

I don’t see how that affects Rices decisions to play the ball in a moment when he isn’t entitled to and will always put you in danger of a yellow

First one i dunno if it’s the case. Second one it’s clear to me it’s a fair 2nd yellow and utterly dumb of Rice

I think you are talking about whether Veltman is genuinely going to take a quick free kick and if the kick he followed through on was intentionally meant to hit Rice

I don’t see how that affects Rices decisions to play the ball in a moment when he isn’t entitled to and will always put you in danger of a yellow

First one i dunno if it’s the case. Second one it’s clear to me it’s a fair 2nd yellow and utterly dumb of Rice
Ah sorry yeah, Rice is an idiot for doing what he did. I was just saying Veltman knew what he was doing.

Possibly Rice thinking being in a "sky 6" club that he'd get away with it which normally they do.

Common sense really needed to be applied to that Rice situation. Clear as day that his intention wasn't to infringe Veltman there.. he barely even flicked the ball with an conviction. Veltman also had no real intention to play a quick free kick there either.. he was just being a crank.

Worth noting that that's now 3 times in their first 3 games that Brighton have benefited from contentious/fortunate calls..

- The ridiculous overturned DCL pen at Goodison with the game still poised at 0-1

- The Zirkzee offside against United that denied them a potential winner

- The Rice second yellow today when they were losing

Common sense really needed to be applied to that Rice situation. Clear as day that his intention wasn't to infringe Veltman there.. he barely even flicked the ball with an conviction. Veltman also had no real intention to play a quick free kick there either.. he was just being a crank.

Infringe I think is to block or be too close deliberately to a free kick being taken. I can see doubts on that as to whether Veltman was actually gonna take it

But to me it looked like he toe poked the ball away before it’s even been taken which is just simply kicking the ball away and always at risk of a card. It was on Rice 100% for me. He didn’t have to do a thing, especially being on a card

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back