Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The presentation on bt is septic beyond belief, Fletcher 'Macca' and Hargreaves thought they were comedians for 90 minutes, just commentate on the game you bellends.

Then it's back to the studio for more jokes with Lineker Rio, and Slippy, ffs, Lampard isn't the worst but not overly compelling either.

Oh well, suppose they do have the likes of Robbie Savage and Chris Sutton for other games, yet more jokes.

This has likely been asked and answered, but......

If Arsenal win the Europa League and go into the CL, will that open up an EL spot for the team finishing 8th in the EPL?

No only 5 teams maximum in CL apparently.

Yes....that is the CL.

But three English teams are due to take a spot in the EL, they being the team’s finishing 5th through 7th.

Arsenal is one of them by dint of finishing 6th.

However, if they were to win the EL then they will join the top four in the CL.

In that event, I am wondering if the now vacant EL spot would go to the 8th placed team.

Yes....that is the CL.

But three English teams are due to take a spot in the EL, they being the team’s finishing 5th through 7th.

Arsenal is one of them by dint of finishing 6th.

However, if they were to win the EL then they will join the top four in the CL.

In that event, I am wondering if the now vacant EL spot would go to the 8th placed team.

Nope, it'd just be Chelsea and Burnley in Europa, happened this season with united in the CL after winning Europa. It was just us and arsenal in Europa.

It's for the best that we don't get in Europe anyway. We need to drain da kin swamp and go for a successful domestic campaign next time out.

Ship at least 12 first team players out (Williams, one of Jagielka or Mori (more likely Mori - unbelievably), Martina, Browning, Galloway, Garbutt, Besic, Mirallas, Bolasie (but he'll stay, again unbelievably), Rooney (again, somehow he'll stay the wage-stealing get), Stekelenberg (lazy get should show some ambition to play elsewhere), Robles (out of contract), Sandro, Klaassen and get in at least four players to walk directly into our starting eleven: two centre backs, a central midfielder and a left winger. In a dreamworld I'd say also a left back and a goalkeeper for backup, but we'll prob keep Stek - in any case Baines will stay.

I'd say putting four players into our starting eleven, which is badly needed, isn't too much of a problem, particularly with a new manager and a large part of pre-season.

But we all know Jagielka, Martina, Bolasie, Rooney and maybe even Williams (total 350k a week wages) will be around next season, and as such we'll remain a joke of a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back