Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keith Curle was a pacy winger at Bristol Rovers. Bristol City bought him, might have been a free even, and converted him to a full back. Terry Cooper was the manager iirc.

Ended up getting England caps when he was at, er, Man City? Someone anyrate.

Like you say mate, its not new, just the hipsters prefer revolving pivots and moving into transition.

...and Terry Cooper was converted from a conventional winger by a certain Don Revie at Leeds.

I did not know that! Always knew him as a fullback.

..in a similar vein, I used to watch a lot of Youth team football and a very well known manager in the lower leagues asked if there was anybody at Everton that might be discarded but worth consideration. Everton had just won the Youth Cup and I said a young central midfielder called Tony Hibbert would not come through as a midfielder, but he could be a decent full back when they let him go. Never thought somebody at Everton would think the same.

..in a similar vein, I used to watch a lot of Youth team football and a very well known manager in the lower leagues asked if there was anybody at Everton that might be discarded but worth consideration. Everton had just won the Youth Cup and I said a young central midfielder called Tony Hibbert would not come through as a midfielder, but he could be a decent full back when they let him go. Never thought somebody at Everton would think the same.

Many a twist in many players journey isnt there? The best passer and sort of midfielder I saw at Ashton Gate back in the day was non other than Bite yer Legs Norman Hunter. Could charm snakes with his left foot.

But forever an uncompromising CB to most.

Many a twist in many players journey isnt there? The best passer and sort of midfielder I saw at Ashton Gate back in the day was non other than Bite yer Legs Norman Hunter. Could charm snakes with his left foot.

But forever an uncompromising CB to most.

..very true, most of those hard cases of that era who played for the top teams had to be top players.

If only you had pushed harder and persuaded them to sign him!

The league table is pissed this season.
Mark Hughes is mainly responsible.
It's all odd.

Be the same again next season.
Fixtures come out. Ponseca loses his first 3 as our gaffer against Cardiff, Burnley and Wolves.
He's sacked, and we ask for Sam back.
Very unlikely scenario...I think we’d grab a draw with Burnley as they’d have the distractions of the EL qualifying games to contend with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back